Agree with Charles Rangel's idea about reviving the draft

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tom, Jan 4, 2003.

1. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

What is so wonderful about reading this garbage these idiots spew from the left is knowing that they are in the minority. It's just wonderful to know that most people are conservative or moderate in this country and the brainless twits on the left are NOT in the majority. As a matter of fact their only claim to fame is they are outspoken. :dis:

If there is any doubt about this just watch the polls and watch how Kerry runs to the right after the DNC convention. The far left tries it's damndest to convince the middle that they are moderate. Al Gore tried hard to find middle ground. Kerry couldn't find his ass with both hands, moderate just isn't in him.

They want the squeaky wheel to get the grease. They squeak the loudest when they aren't in control. They have NO intentions of doing what is right for our country, they just want control. Screw the vicitms of 9/11 or anyone else that isn't on their agenda.

Well NEWS FLASH MORONS, you're in the back seat now. Sit down STFU or GET THE F**K OUT!

2. LOTTERY

LOTTERY Founding Member

I think you missed the point. Saddam wasn't a danger to the US. Mr. Bush's administration lied or either misled the public that Saddam was involved in 9/11 just as you did and tried to stir up war fervor at a time when americans were so emotional about 9/11. The Radical Republicans are destroying the US good name and only one republican sees, one with sense, John McCain. I just pray this doesn't turn into Vietnam 2.

3. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

Left quotes about WMD:

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
    - President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998 here

"We must stop Saddam from ever again jeopardizing the stability and security of his neighbors with weapons of mass destruction."
    - Madeline Albright, Feb 1, 1998 here

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
    Letter to President Clinton.
    - (D) Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, others, Oct. 9, 1998 here

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
    - Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002
    here

"I have repeatedly defended President Bush against the left on Iraq, even though I think he should have waited until the U.N. inspections were over," Pres. Bill Clinton, June 23, 2004. here

4. MFn G I M P

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
    --President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
    --Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
    --Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
    -Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
    -- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
    Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
    -- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
    -- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
    -- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
    -- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
    -- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
    -- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
    -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
    -- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do"
    -- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
    -- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
    -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

here

5. MFn G I M P

Here

"The discovery of a number of 122 mm chemical rocket warheads in a bunker at a storage depot 170 kilometres (106 miles) south-west of Baghdad was much publicised.

"This was a relatively new bunker and therefore the rockets must have been moved there in the past few years, at a time when Iraq should not have had such munitions.

The document indicates that 13,000 chemical bombs were dropped by the Iraqi Air Force between 1983 and 1988, while Iraq has declared that 19,500 bombs were consumed during this period.

"Thus, there is a discrepancy of 6,500 bombs.

"The amount of chemical agent in these bombs would be in the order of about 1,000 tons.

"In the absence of evidence to the contrary, we must assume that these quantities are now unaccounted for.

Monday, 27 January, 2003, 22:34 GMT
    Blix statement: Key excerpts
    Blix said many questions remained unanswered
    Extracts from chief UN weapons inspector Dr Hans Blix's statement to the UN Security Council on progress in the search for banned weapons in Iraq.

"Unlike South Africa, which decided on its own to eliminate its nuclear weapons and welcomed inspection as a means of creating confidence in its disarmament, Iraq appears not to have come to a genuine acceptance - not even today - of the disarmament, which was demanded of it and which it needs to carry out to win the confidence of the world and to live in peace...

Unmovic shares the sense of urgency felt by the Council

"One of three important questions before us today is how much might remain undeclared and intact from before 1991; and, possibly, thereafter; the second question is what, if anything, was illegally produced or procured after 1998, when the inspectors left; and the third question is how it can be prevented that any weapons of mass destruction be produced or procured in the future...

"Unmovic [UN Monitoring, Inspection and Verification Commission] shares the sense of urgency felt by the Council to use inspection as a path to attain, within a reasonable time, verifiable disarmament of Iraq...

Iraq co-operating

"Co-operation might be said to relate to both substance and process.

"It would appear from our experience so far that Iraq has decided in principle to provide co-operation on process, notably access...

"Iraq has on the whole co-operated rather well so far with Unmovic in this field.

"The most important point to make is that access has been provided to all sites we have wanted to inspect and, with one exception, it has been prompt.

"We have further had great help in building up the infrastructure of our office in Baghdad and the field office in Mosul.

"Arrangements and services for our plane and our helicopters have been good. The environment has been workable....

Inspection problems

"In this updating I am bound, however, to register some problems. Firstly, relating to two kinds of air operations.

Blix said he hoped Iraq's attitude would change

"While we now have the technical capability to send a U-2 plane placed at our disposal for aerial imagery and for surveillance during inspections and have informed Iraq that we planned to do so, Iraq has refused to guarantee its safety, unless a number of conditions are fulfilled.

"As these conditions went beyond what is stipulated in resolution 1441 (2002) and what was practiced by Unscom and Iraq in the past, we note that Iraq is not so far complying with our request. I hope this attitude will change.

"Another air operation problem - which was solved during our recent talks in Baghdad - concerned the use of helicopters flying into the no-fly zones.

"Iraq had insisted on sending helicopters of their own to accompany ours. This would have raised a safety problem.

"The matter was solved by an offer on our part to take the accompanying Iraq minders in our helicopters to the sites, an arrangement that had been practised by Unscom in the past.

Inspectors harassed

"I am obliged to note some recent disturbing incidents and harassment.

Where our Iraqi counterparts have some complaint they can take it up in a calmer and less unpleasant manner

"For instance, for some time far-fetched allegations have been made publicly that questions posed by inspectors were of intelligence character.

"While I might not defend every question that inspectors might have asked, Iraq knows that they do not serve intelligence purposes and Iraq should not say so.

"On a number of occasions, demonstrations have taken place in front of our offices and at inspection sites.

"The other day, a sightseeing excursion by five inspectors to a mosque was followed by an unwarranted public outburst.

"The inspectors went without any UN insignia and were welcomed in the kind manner that is characteristic of the normal Iraqi attitude to foreigners.

"They took off their shoes and were taken around.

"They asked perfectly innocent questions and parted with the invitation to come again.

"Shortly thereafter, we receive protests from the Iraqi authorities about an unannounced inspection and about questions not relevant to weapons of mass destruction.

"Indeed, they were not. Demonstrations and outbursts of this kind are unlikely to occur in Iraq without initiative or encouragement from the authorities.

"We must ask ourselves what the motives may be for these events.

"They do not facilitate an already difficult job, in which we try to be effective, professional and, at the same time, correct.

"Where our Iraqi counterparts have some complaint they can take it up in a calmer and less unpleasant manner...

Onus on Iraq

"The substantive co-operation required relates above all to the obligation of Iraq to declare all programmes of weapons of mass destruction and either to present items and activities for elimination or else to provide evidence supporting the conclusion that nothing proscribed remains.

Blix said Iraq's dossier contained nothing new

"Paragraph 9 of resolution 1441 (2002) states that this cooperation shall be "active". It is not enough to open doors. Inspection is not a game of 'catch as catch can'...

"These reports do not contend that weapons of mass destruction remain in Iraq, but nor do they exclude that possibility.

"They point to lack of evidence and inconsistencies, which raise question marks, which must be straightened out, if weapons dossiers are to be closed and confidence is to arise.

"They deserve to be taken seriously by Iraq rather than being brushed aside as evil machinations of Unscom.

"Regrettably, the 12,000-page declaration, most of which is a reprint of earlier documents, does not seem to contain any new evidence that would eliminate the questions or reduce their number...

Poison gas

"The nerve agent VX is one of the most toxic ever developed.

Unmovic, however, has information that conflicts with [Iraq's] account

"Iraq has declared that it only produced VX on a pilot scale, just a few tons and that the quality was poor and the product unstable.

"Consequently, it was said, that the agent was never weaponised.

"Iraq said that the small quantity of agent remaining after the Gulf War was unilaterally destroyed in the summer of 1991.

"Unmovic, however, has information that conflicts with this account.

"There are indications that Iraq had worked on the problem of purity and stabilisation and that more had been achieved than has been declared.

"Indeed, even one of the documents provided by Iraq indicates that the purity of the agent, at least in laboratory production, was higher than declared.

"There are also indications that the agent was weaponised. "

Just a few excerpts from Hans Blix's statement about Iraqi WMDS.

6. LOTTERY

LOTTERY Founding Member

Show me the WMD's or atleast give me pictures of them. Give me something.

7. MFn G I M P

It has been said that Bush "misled the American public" about the existence of WMDs. I just wanted to show that even powerful Democrats believed that Saddam had WMDs or was at least trying to build them. What about the chemical munitions that were found last month? A chemical munition = chemical weapon = WMD. Also Iraq had contraband weapons that they shot at US headquarters when we first invaded the country. They shot SCUD missiles with a range greater than 93km, which they were prohibited from having.

I also wanted to point out that every major Democrat who said that Saddam had WMDs have now changed their stance and said that Bush "misled the American public" and only went over to Iraq for oil.

8. LOTTERY

LOTTERY Founding Member

They're idiotic democrats too. The fact is though not Clinton or any of those congressman waged a war on their assumptions. If we find the direct threat, I'll say "Hail to the chief". You see most people think the war was a mistake. Pretty much Kerry has the election in his grasp, only he can lose it. Bush can't take it from him.

9. jplaf

jplaf Founding Member

You talk about the Right who are to scared to fight well then why did the dems want the military vote left out in Florida? Oh thats right the military is mostly is Republicans. And yes I am in the Navy and your welcome for me protecting your sissy ass. You detest me as a war monger but your right for you to hate me is what i fight for tell the world how much you hate the miliatary but bask in the protection she gives you. So for all the Military F U you bitter angry little man.

PS: This is coming from on station and for all you liberals that don't understand that means in harms way.

10. LOTTERY

LOTTERY Founding Member

Thanks for being modest. I think you have some issues, but thankyou for what you do for us even though you said f me.