Ah hell, why not post it...

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by CParso, Jul 23, 2006.

1. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I disagree. I do not have to respect anyone's beliefs. I just have to respect their right to believe differently than me. I personally think most religions are pretty dumb. Respecting your right to worship and respecting how you worship are different things entirely.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

i respect your right to worship, i just wish that we as a species would treat all myths the same. we all agree to laugh mercilessly at scientologists, but for whatever reason we like the jews and want them to have a homeland.

i say made up and silly is made up and silly.

your reverence for the jesus is exactly as stupid as reverence for the spaghetti monster. we as a a species need to stop thinking it is praiseworthy to be irrational.

i support anyone's right to be a lunatic. what i dont like is pretending they are anything other than a lunatic.

in particular it vexes me that modern christians favor israel so much, when it is clear that jews completely oppose their most important belief and are spreading what they should characterize as lies.

by the way i didnt mean that last post literally i think no irrational beliefs should be respected even the tiniest bit, and believers should be treated like children when they discuss it.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

[​IMG]

post 6,666!

4. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Where's the rep system when you need it! I don't care who ya are, that's funny right there!

5. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Exactly, automatic red to anybody that quotes that GIT ER DONE one trick pony!

6. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

Although I agree with most of your religious views, I gotta disagree with the Israel opinion. The best reason the Jews need a home country was summed up in WW2, when they tried to escape genocide but were turned away from safe harbor by alot of governments. The biggest example is the boat full of German Jews that sat for a week in Cuba waiting to be admitted. The Cubans eventually denied harbor and returned them to Germany, where they met their fate. This pretty much punctuated the need for a united, permanent Jewish homeland.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

i say if you cling to your ancient tribe thousands of years after tribes are necessary, too bad for you.

make the choice to quit being jewish. move away from others who continue to act like cavemen and be an individual. move to america and never go to synagogue. change your name from shlomo goldberg to bob adams. thousands of years worth of problems solved.

my main point still isnt getting through. the whole idea that jews exist is ridiculous. people need to stop playing by the tribal rules dictated to them by their birth and act like individuals.

i have friends that were born jewish but now they are atheists and dont give a damn abou tthe plight of jews. and why should they? similar dna? non-shared myths?

that is how you solve the problem.

there is no such a thing as a jew. it is invented and meaningless. if people are being persecuted for some artbitrary characteristics, most of which are stupid, you should distance yourself from them as much as possible.

if you wanna continue being a jew, being hated by the world, too bad for you. maybe you will die for your tribe. darwinism. you should have stopped acting like an infant.

8. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

Yeah but that's like telling someone to stop being Black, or Mexican, or so on... Jew is a race, as well as a religion. People have tried many times to snuff out the race. That is unacceptable to any enlightened society. Jews themselves can give it up, but there will always seem to be people who have an interest in exterminating them, regardless of their own feelings, which reinforces the need for a strong presence to defend themselves. That is Darwinism as well.

I also don't understand why you think they act like cavemen? Jews have traditionally thrived wherever they have been by hard work, strong family values, and application of intelligence. If it's because you believe in some evil vast Zionist conspiracy, then I'd be pretty dissapointed because you seem like a very rational guy. Is it because they were able to take a wasted piece of desert, make it bloom, flourish and thrive even though everyone around you is trying to destroy you, and establish the only Democracy in the region? Is that barbaric?

The religion... well... you know how we feel on that one ;)

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

not in the sense that you can just quit being jewish and deny it and pretty soon you are not jewish anymore. like i mentioned, i have friends born into jewish familes and they just quit. now they are just people without stupid divisive labels. nobody thinks of them as jewish. they dont wear yarmulkes or eat kosher food. they arent retarded.

because they group themselves together into tribes. like ancient cavemen banding together to fight other tribes. this is the main problem with the world today, tribalism. people taking arbitrary characteristics about themselves and using those characteristics to divide. race, religion, region, that sort of thing. the only thing we should be grouping together ove is rational concepts. like the people who are pro-freedom should fight the religious fascists if attacked.

it isnt about race or creed, we should have outgrown that when we quit being hunter-gatherers living in huts.

it is true, jews are intelligent. but not intelligent enough to stop giving a damn about their stupid tribes and holy lands. you dont get anything by birthright.

i generally dont believe in any consipracies, but i do claim that zionism is racism pure and simple and an absolutely abominable idea. if you came to me and said the land was on was your by birthright, i wouldnt shed any tears when you were killed. land is land, it isnt magically designated for a certain tribe.

the smart thing to do would have been to move. if people were killing christians, like the family i was born into, they wouldnt bother me, because i left those childish ideas behind me when i was 15. i was born protestant. but if i was in northern ireland, the catholics would never know it, and i would have no part in their endless fights. the fighting stops with me, because i do not cling to the irrational cause.

lots of new yorkers move to israel because they want to be in their jewish homeland. i wish them the worst. it isnt their homeland any more than it is mine.

i cant see why people are so far from understanding this.

10. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Hitler was not killing religious Jews, but Jews as an ethnicity. I can quit being Catholic, but I could never stop being a Cajun.