Ahhh, Gameday Eve & ESPN Gameplan.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by joetiger, Sep 27, 2002.

1. joetiger

joetiger Founding Member

Just wanted to say that I am about to jump out of my godforsaken cubicle...SEC Opener is finally here!!

For those who don't have the local broadcasts of JP Sports, ESPN GamePlan is broadcasting the game, so check your Pay-Per-View or call your cable operator to see if it's being broadcast in your area (cheaper than hitting the bar for the game).

Here in Denver, we'll be having a 10:30 Tiger Brunch at some fellow LSU Alums' house...I should be fat, drunk, and happy with a victory by 1:30!!

It's hard as hell to get any work done today!!!! Geaux Tigers!!!

Easy chair + boots on

2. Pitkin Tiger

Pitkin Tiger Founding Member

It's always hard to concentrate the day before a game

but I must try. We'll holler a little louder for you since you can't be in stadium. We're taking a couple of people for their first trip to death valley. One will be a student there next year. Should be an eye opening experience.

3. joetiger

joetiger Founding Member

It's always fun to see a first-timer in Tiger Stadium.

We brought a buddy down for the Alabama game in 2000. He's from Denver and went to C.U., and had several reactions to LSU and Tiger Stadium:

First, he kept saying "I was ROBBED!" because we took him to Fred's on Friday night and he could not believe how much more beautiful, and more friendly in general, the women were than the ones he went to school with in Boulder. He was even more shocked when the manager, an old friend of mine, lit his nuts on fire with 151 while standing on the bar, in his honor because he was a guest from Colorado. He was flabbergasted. (One of many crazy times at that place.)

Second, on Gameday when we walked through the opening into our seats in the south endzone, he was speechless...We got to our spot, mixed a drink, and took in the scene, with the Tiger Band saluting the four corners of the stadium. He actually asked me for my cellphone because he wanted to call his dad and tell him what he was seeing. He just couldn't believe the scene and the electricity.

To this day, just about every time I see him, he is wearing the LSU baseball cap he bought that day...Tigerfan for life...

4. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Great story Joe.