"Air it out" results?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Lil Jules, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

Does anyone know how the "Air it out" competition went at the Manning Passing Camp? Supposedly Jamarcus, Peyton, Eli, and Leak were going to have a skills competition, including the long distance throw. I'm curious how Jamarcus did compared to the Mannings. I would have to assume that the injuries limited him somewhat, however my money would still be on him as far as distance.

2. clair

clair Rockets

a friend of mine did some behind the scenes work for the camp, b/c he goes to nicholls, and Russell wasn't limited at all, so I guess this means he considers himself 100%

3. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

Does your "friend" know how the contest went?

4. clair

clair Rockets

don't know?

i can find out...

JR said on local tv here that he is 266 right now, b/c the coaches told him if he showed up overweight again, they'd run the pounds out of him, so he is on pace to lose 10 or so more lbs before practice begins

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

JaMarcus was throwing it 15 yards deeper than either Payton or Eli could, with three approximately 85 yard throws in a row.

6. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

I vaguely remember, years ago, when Dan Pastorini did a media stunt, throwing a football through an open window on the 7th story of some building.
    I think it was Bum Phillips who said, "Yeah, but his receivers were all on the 5th floor".

7. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Haha, that is great!:hihi:

8. LSUfreshman21

LSUfreshman21 Founding Member

That really is not going to cut it. The conditioning coach said that JR is getting into the best shape of his life so far. I don't care if you are 6'6, you cant weigh 266 if you are a qb. I mean the guy is not slow. When he was 215 he could run like a 4.6-4.7 range. I say 245 would be a pretty good spot where he can have some mobility out there.

9. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

Here is a post off another board from a guy that went to the camp.

10. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

sounds good for LSU if russell can just get a little faster so that he can move around a little as his receivers get 80 yards deep