LA Politics "Air Mary"

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by mctiger, Aug 19, 2014.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You are describing a philosophy, not a genocide.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

So when are you going to lead your fellow proletariats in rising up to throw off the yoke of your bourgeoisie oppressors? Learning to talk like that might be as hard as learning to talk like Les Miles

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Never, my protesting and activism days are behind me.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Welcome back to the real world :)

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

As I said he had no clue about the real world. Those comments are pure crap with zero foundation in the real world.

7. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Sen. Mary Landrieu Says She Lives With Her Parents, Raising Residency Questions

Sen. Mary Landrieu lists her parents' Louisiana bungalow as her primary residence in the state, raising questions over whether she actually lives in the state. As The Washington Post reported Thursday, Landrieu owns a $2.5 million Washington home that she listed as her residence on a recent filing with the Federal Election Commission. But when she filed paperwork to qualify for the ballot she listed the New Orleans home on South Prieur Street where her parents still live.

As CNN notes, Republicans have already capitalized on the news. Landrieu is one of the endangered red state Democrats the GOP hopes to defeat as it attempts to win control of the Senate this fall. One of her opponents, Rep. Bill Cassidy, sent a fundraising email noting that the allegations aren't shocking "because Senator Landrieu has represented DC values for a long time.” Cassidy owns a home in Baton Rouge and a condominium in D.C.

RELATED: Obama Says 'We Don't Have A Strategy Yet' in Syria

In a statement, Landrieu countered that she has "lived at my home on Prieur Street most of my life and I live there now, when not fulfilling my duties in Washington or serving constituents across the state." And according to The Post, she along with all of her other siblings, owns a small stake in the property. But neighbors told The Post that they hardly ever see her around. And that adds Landrieu to a growing list of seemingly out-of-touch Washington types, like Texas Rep. Pete Sessions and Kansas Sen. Pat Roberts who might also be physically out-of-touch with the communities they represent.

This article was originally published athttp://www.thewire.com/politics/201...r-parents-raising-residency-questions/379366/

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

There is no law against living with your aged parents in a large house you will someday inherit. The idea that Landrieu is out of touch with her constituents is ludicrous. She spends as much time in Louisiana as most Senators do in their states. Their job is in Washington. Mary's father, Moon Landrieu, was a long-time mayor of New Orleans and her brother Mitch is the current mayor. No one thinks Mary is not a Louisianan.

The Republicans aren't even slinging mud, they are slinging daisies.

10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I don't dispute your main point Red...Mary's La roots are strong and deep (my ex-sister in law was a college roommate). I also don't think it has legs. However it wasn't a very smart move to list her home in DC as her residence when registering with the FEC.

BTW Mary was a little bit of a party girl at LSU which raises her in my eye.