airline food.....

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by snorton938, May 1, 2004.

1. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

first off are they still serving it for free....second, do you pay for it (at the prices they want!!!), and third, what's your favorite airline food memories...

for me....i can't find anyone serving it for free.....i won't pay for it.....best memories were delta and pan am (no age jokes) international flights.....good food made with fresh ingredients (especially on the flights coming back to the u.s.)....

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I'm always in 1st class. It's free but it sucks.

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Nothing's free, it's included in the "First class" price. :grin: :thumb:

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Which SabanFans customers ultimately pay for. You know, . . . free.

5. SabanFan

Actually, I pay coach at a discounted rate. I usually get upgraded due to my exalted :wink: status with Continental. I seldom pay over $400 for a round trip ticket. Well, AIG doesn't. I pay with the company credit card.

6. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I'll give you an update next month. I'm visiting three of our Pacific locations in Hawaii, Kwajalein, & Guam. I have to fly Economy Plus on United to Hawaii, but Business class for the remainder of the trip on Continental. On the itinerary it says "food for purchase" on the leg from San Francisco to Honolulu. I suspect I might have a Mai Tai for breakfast :lol:

7. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Worst airline food I've had -- a turkey sandwich (more accurately, a pistollette), that was about 80% frozen. Since I was starving, I didn't wait for it to thaw.

Best food -- Business class food on Singapore Air was better than most restaurants. Also, I strangely like the cream of mushroom soup that Continental used to serve. The reconstituted mushrooms and watery broth were surprisingly good.

ABSOLUTE worst -- I just remembered this...the meal options on a Saudi Air flight from Riyadh to JFK (direct.) I don't even remember what was offered, but I do remember it was bad enough for me to not eat for the entire flight. And no booze on that plane. And the movies were USA Network-terrible. The ONLY silver lining was that I got home about 12 hours faster than with any other flight options.

1 person likes this.
  8. SabanFan

And, isn't that the bottom line?

I don't watch airline movies because there are always a couple of A-holes who won't close the window shade and the glare on that small screen makes it impossible to enjoy. I subscribe to Sports Illustrated, Golf Digest, Field and Stream and Outdoor Life magazines. When they arrive, I stuff them in my briefcase so I'll always have something to read. I'm always in the middle of a book or 2 so those come along as well. I, too, like Continental's mushroom soup.

9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I only fly Skyteam, so I can only comment on those three. Before the Bankruptcy the Northwest Breakfast was pretty good. I have only flown Delta for the last two years. None of the flights I was on even offered meal service.

What really matters is that Delta has the best liqour selection. I drank all of the Johnny Walker Black I could handle the last few times I flew.

10. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

No doubt.