Airstrike:Is the LSU passing game back or...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rwilliams, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Is the passing game back or was this fluke. What was diffrent? New plays? Shizty d by Alabama ? Or has jj got his mo Jo back? What u think:lsup:

2. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

Not this again. God help us.

3. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

What's wrong siu? Just wondering what was diffrent this game. We have former coaches on this board and other very smart people that could pick up on the diffrent formations and all the x's and o's of things. I just wanted to here what others thought changed our passing attack from bad to game winning. Was it a great performance by jj or did crowton coach up this game. If this thread bothers you I'm sorry but your one of the vets on this board that I would have thought could shead some light on this.

1 person likes this.
  4. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

There was nothing different this game.
    The offense couldn't move the ball, LSU's D and STs won the game as usual.

Jefferson hit one guy in stride which Alabama blew the coverage on, Alabama paid the price. Wake me up when LSU is hitting a WR in stride and on-time 18-25 times a game and we can talk about this.

Any win against Satan is good but there was nothing different about the offense, matter of fact the 1st half was probably the worse offense I have every seen at the college level. Nothing is going to change until Crowton is gone.

You had basically 4 plays that determined the game.... the Randle play over the middle, the two trick plays which extended drives because the offense couldn't move the ball and the pass from Lee at the end of the game to seal the deal.

5. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

21 points in the second half aginst a good ala defense was the offense moving the ball. Jj throwing yes throwing a 2 pt conversion was diffrent. The longest pass play of the year was diffrent. 150 yards out of our piss poor passing game with no interceptions by jj was diffrent. We had a balanced offense with the run and pass supporting each other for the first time since the north Carolina game. What changed. Not to take anything from the rest of the team but the 2nd half of this game was diffrent. The passing game showed up. Was it the players stepping up or was it the plays called that was diffrent

6. souljaslim1

souljaslim1 Bigg Daddy

what was the difference? LSU controlled the line of scrimmage..success starts in the trenches..the oline gave jj and jl more time and blocking assignments were executed properly..now as for the auburn game LSU had no control in the trenches..and you see the outcome of that game...

7. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

I think you need to go watch the game. The offense couldn't move the ball which is why Les had to go again to the trick plays. Jefferson hit one freaking guy about 12 yards up field, if that is your idea of something is different than go for it.

Flip-flopping from week to week is not going to help the offense. A new OC that knows what he is doing is going to help.

You talked about an airstrike, what you claim to be a passing game at 203 yards... well 72 teams in the NCAA average over 203 yards. Of those 203 yards, 75 yards came on the busted coverage, which is good but to say there is something different, well good luck with all that.

The offense is very ineffective and the passing game might be the worse in college history, at least since I have been watching.

Look, I don't want to beat a dead horse, it was a good win, but no it was not a good passing game. 70% of it is ineffective completions for 0-4 yards on WR screens.

8. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

You don't need time to throw a WR Screen.

I am going to go. This is like talking about whether the moon is made out of cheese. Next, Cam Newton is a great student and a role model. Cya guys.

9. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

I think it was a combination of a couple of things......crowton finally opening up an attaking style of offense.....and jefferson was finally on.

10. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I wonder how much was attitude. After the near miss aginst tenn the team came out to win aginst fl. The coaches called risky plays and went all in and the team responded. After the loss to aub the same all in play calling took place in the 2nd half of the ala game. The team responded again. The fl and ala games were our most impressive offensive efforts IMO. I think a need to redeem itself gave both the coaches and players the motivation to play to win instead of not to lose. The qb's for sure