Airstrike:Is the LSU passing game back or...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rwilliams, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I think crowton sux too. That is not the issue. The article I read said airstrike. I asked these questions what changed? Play calling? Confidence? Ala d fell apart? I was wanting to hear opinions as of why we were able to actually have a balanced offense in the 2nd half when we have had no passing game most of the year. I didn't say jj was Dan Marino or lsu looked like the saints but they threw the ball enough to win. We haven't done so all year and simply asked why.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

75 yard touchdown pass, i would classify that as an Airstrike.

3. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

And the lesson continues to be... Don't feed the trolls! :hihi:

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

12 freaking yards? You didn't watch the game or just simply lying. That is why your credibility has been lost since you 1st started posting here.

5. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Anybody who can look at THIS game and actually think that a balanced offensive output of over 200 yds passing and over 200 yds rushing against one of the best defenses in the country is not a good offensive performance has ZERO knowledge of football. I nor anyone else that I can think of, claimed it to be great, just good. No one is thinking that all of the sudden we have a prolific offense. What most of us are saying is that it was a good offensive, passing and rushing, output that if we can continue with this and show some consistency throughout the rest of the season, that this team can beat anyone in the country. To think otherwise is just idiotic.

This has nothing to do with being a fanboy or delusional, it has to do with basic knowledge of football. A trait that you obviously have ZERO of. I know that you think you are some internet football guru, but the fact is you have less football intelligence than a deaf and blind person, who has never even been around a football game.

Also, I’d like you to show me any evidence from the LSU/Bama game to support your claims that we didn’t have a good offensive, passing and running game, that make my opinion lies. If you can do that I will gladly listen to your opinion, but without it you are only continuing to prove your ignorance.
    Also, your little stat of only making 15 1st downs in this game just proves even more that most of our plays were big plays. You don’t get over 400 yrds in total offensive output and only 15 1st downs with WR screens.

6. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

I think we all saw what a passing threat can do for your offense. LSU needs to find an OC that can coach up QBs. There are OCs out there that can make QBs who are average at best look good and we need to go after them. It does make it easier when players execute the calls, but unfortunately that has been few and far between recently.

7. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

8. LaSalleAve

9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Jefferson went 10/13. It wasn't because of the blocking, and it wasn't because they called short passes. He's had good blocking and open receivers on short routes in many other games this year, and couldn't hit them to save his life. Against bama, he made several throws with a defender right in his face, he hit short routes, he hit long routes, he hit his receivers in stride, and he did not turn the ball over. Anyone who will stand here and try to convince you that "nothing was different" is not even worth acknowledging.

Will this be the norm from this point forward? Who knows. Jefferson has proven to be a streaky QB in the past. But it sure as hell was a good performance from the young man, and it could not have come at a better time.

10. LaSalleAve

You know, even more than that in my opinion, HE DIDN'T TAKE A SACK!!!! He got rid of the ball quickly!!!!! That to me, was instrumental in his success in that game.