Airstrike:Is the LSU passing game back or...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rwilliams, Nov 11, 2010.

1. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

2. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Correct. He was very decisive and his pocket presence was just dandy. Maybe something clicked during the bye week?

Most people, and not incorrectly so, are mainly focused on the last drive of the 1st half and the entirety of the second half when touting Jefferson's performance. But, one thing that I noticed was that they really didn't give him many opportunities before the last drive of the 1st half. So, perhaps he would have done equally as well had they given him those chances? I guess what I'm trying to say is that it isn't like he was stinking it up before they turned him loose.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I re-watched the game last night and was thinking the same thing. Miles went into the Auburn game with the intention of draining some clock and keeping the AU offense off the field. Seems to me he did the same this game against Bama and worked out better this time around. But you would think it would have worked better against a high powered offense like AU. It kept the game manageable for both games going into the 4th quarter.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It probably would have worked against AU but we just couldn't get anything going on offense against them. Credit The Iron Sheik Nick Fairley for destroying our O line.

5. bhelmLSU

It worked vs AU in keeping the game manageable. But you are exactly right that our Offense didn't get it going enough to capitalize on the scoreboard or keeping the AU offense off the field during the 4th quarter.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You know, when you see the offense click like it did against Bama, and i'm not saying it was a dominant offensive performance, but it makes you wonder if the team just hasn't been able to execute really good game planning throughout the season. Of course we see head scratchers, one of which was bringing in Jarrett Lee after the Jasper fake punt, on the 1st drive of the 2nd half, i didn't get that one, but all in all, throughout this season, i haven't really seen a bad game plan, just alot of not executing. How do you think this will go into the off season and whether or not Miles makes a move to a new offensive coordinator?

7. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Agree. Part of what I have been saying is that the last drive of the 1st half was one of the smartest game management decisions Miles has made all season. He showed he trusted JJ and the O to open up and move the ball. By doing so it opened up JJ's confidence and he carried that into the 2nd half. It makes me wonder though what he might have been able to do had Miles opened up the playbook earlier in the game. Cuz as you say, it isn't as if he was stinkin it up.

8. bhelmLSU

Unless Crowton just amazes with the offense which is very unlikely. I expect Crowton to step down and I get the feel that has already been decided.

9. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I think you are correct on this, and I think as you pointed out before we may have been witnessing some of BG's handy work in the Bama game.

10. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

The other side of this is that alleva could be saying why pay crowton out and hire someone else when were # 5 bcs and 8-1 record during these times when lsu is experiencing drastic cuts from the state budget. The politics of it may trump all. Don't get me wrong I'm in no way taking up for crowton and would like to see him replaced. I am not sure the politics will let it happen