Akbar, the loser who killed fellow soldiers with grenade found guilty on all counts

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by tirk, Apr 21, 2005.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Court-martial finds soldier guilty in desert grenade attack
    Updated: 4/21/2005 4:26 PM
    By: Associated Press

(FORT BRAGG) - A military jury at Fort Bragg Thursday convicted a 101st Airborne soldier in a grenade and rifle attack on fellow soldiers waiting for orders to invade Iraq.

The court-martial determined Sergeant Hasan Akbar murdered the two officers killed in the attack two years ago. Fourteen other troops were wounded.

The jury's unanimous guilty verdict means Akbar could be sentenced to death. A sentencing hearing will be Monday.

The jury deliberated the verdict for about two and a half hours Thursday.

Akbar, 33, stood at attention as the verdict was read by the colonel who headed the jury panel, chewing his lip but giving no other outward sign of emotion.

It's the first time since Vietnam that an American has been convicted for killing fellow soldiers during wartime.

Akbar's defense lawyers didn't deny the Muslim soldier carried out the assault. They said he was insane during the attack at a desert camp of the 101st Airborne Division in Kuwait.

Prosecutors say he was sane and that the crime was premeditated.

2. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I'm not a military guy like many here, but I'm guessing his death sentence will come a helluva lot sooner than when they stick the needle in.

3. tirk

Re: Akbar, the loser who killed fellow soldiers with grenade found guilty on all coun

Dorothy may feel a little 'tough love' while awaiting his death at Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The last military execution in this country was in 1961 and the offender was hanged. There are currently seven on the military death row. Don't hold your breath waiting for this execution. I still can't believe they managed to execute McVeigh so quickly. They will play the race card and the crazy card and drag this out for decades.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/article.php?did=180&scid=32

5. tirk

Re: Akbar, the loser who killed fellow soldiers with grenade found guilty on all coun

Wasn't this loser from Baton Rouge like the serial sniper?

6. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

I don't know about playing the "politically correct" card, but I agree with you that this jihadist will not be put to death.

7. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

I would like to get locked up just to put a shank in this mutha****er.

The 7th circle of HELL awaits him. To be able to do what he did to fellow brothers is something he planned to do. To bad they just didnt drag this guy out into the desert and put him in front of a firing squad.

8. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

McVeigh, as I recall, refused to appeal his sentence. He was ready to die. That's why he was executed so quickly.

Interesting side note...I saw in today's paper that today is the 10-year anniversary of his arrest.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

The should have stripped his uniform off right there in the courtroom.