Al-Quada vs Clinton and Bush White House

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Sourdoughman, Mar 21, 2004.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Clarke has been caught on a flip flop and will now be discredited.
    Fox news is reporting of an audio clip they have of Clarke praising the Bush administration.
    This further proves that Clarke is trying to sell a book and has an ax to grind
    against the Bush administration, I can't wait to see him get drilled by the 9-11
    hearings in 30 minutes.
    Heres the Link
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,115085,00.html

I find it interesting that watching the 9-11 hearings today that Sandy Berger didn't think they would have the support to attack Afghanistan even though Al-Qaida declared war on us and attacked the USS Cole.

The Clinton Administration didn't have that much support to go to Bosnia but they could do that and it definitely wasn't in America's interest.
    I don't have a problem helping get rid of ethnic cleansing or evil dictators but I think its interesting that they didn't act or wouldn't act in our own interest.
    The president, no matter who, always gets our support and rally around the troops.

Clinton IMO, wanted to be buddy, buddy with the international community even our enemies, what a nice guy.
    Thanks
    Clinton!

ps I agree with Dallastigers post above

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

me too. thats the problem with these "peace at all costs" liberals. they vote and their representatives are afraid to offend them. thats why i dislike the pacifists so much. what they are doing is dangerous. i would have been very happy if clinton had been crazy to fight after the cole bombing. terrorists should always know that an attack on us will result on an attack on them and 100 of them should die for every american that gets scratched. i would like it if we were so giddy to kill al queda that anyone who even slightly mentioned their allegiance to them would be scared of an american special ops bullet to the brain.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I don't get the gist of that interview. someone give me the cliffs notes so i get where they are headed. ambiguous as to the point it makes.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

We don't need to post anything else on this thread. That sums it up.

Long live George W. Bush.

5. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Ex-Adviser: Terrorism Not Urgent for Bush

By HOPE YEN
    Wednesday, March 24, 2004 9:04 PM CST

WASHINGTON - The Bush White House scaled back the struggle against al-Qaida after taking office in 2001 and spurned suggestions that it retaliate for the bombing of a U.S. warship because "it happened on the Clinton administration's watch," a former top terrorism adviser testified Wednesday.

The Clinton administration had "no higher priority" than combatting terrorists while the Bush administration made it "an important issue but not an urgent issue" in the months before Sept. 11, 2001, said Richard Clarke, who advised both presidents. He testified before the commission investigating the worst terrorist attacks in U.S. history. >>Read the article.
    =============================

Did I miss this memo that the Clinton Admin. had "no higher priority" than terrorism?

Richard Clarke slowly creeps his way to "hack status".

6. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

A lot of this is old news, but parts of this article are more examples of parts of Clarke's book and parts of his testimony differing from his past statements.

Article link

7. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

Here is one article that is from a less main stream news organization.

Clarke Campaign Contributions link

Here is another good read.

TIME link