Alabama Football

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by grote1947, Sep 27, 2003.

1. grote1947

grote1947 Founding Member

I just witnessed the demise of the Alabama Football program. Ahead by 21 and lose in overtime because of one thing. They were all used up by the 4th quarter. Occassional brilliant plays don't make up for out of shape!:lsug:

2. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

They could be a little short handed also.

3. terry cox

terry cox Founding Member

I think Shula has done a decent if not good job amid the chaos there. Also, his wife is about to give birth any day now on top of everything else.

4. grote1947

grote1947 Founding Member

I hope Shula's wife gets a good epidural. As for her husband I don't fault him. He inherited this mess. But out of shape is out of shape.

5. Dixie Darlin

Dixie Darlin Founding Member

Grote1947, its easy to be critical of others when your team is doing good. But your last post was not funny. Thank you Terry Cox and Goodlifetiger for actually seeing it like it is.

6. AuNuma1

AuNuma1 Founding Member

I think Shula's going to be a good coach. I mean at least he hasn't embarrassed the program or anything (How well he recruits is yet to be seen, obviously). But he did know what he was getting into when he signed on the dotted line so I don't understand how that's offensive to you dixie.

7. ArkansasTiger

ArkansasTiger Founding Member

I also think that Shula is going to be a good coach.

8. CottonBowl'66

CottonBowl'66 Founding Member

Alabama will probably see a few more dark days before things get better, but Alabama played a good game against a very good football team in Arkansas Saturday. They played another good game against Oklahoma earlier.

They had the misfortune to play a "breather" against an unknown Northern Illinois, which happens to have a very good football team, maybe a top ten team.

If Arkansas plays against LSU like they did against Texas, the Tigers will have their hands full.

They will probably have their hands full against Alabama also.

It appears more and more that LSU is going to play a very difficult schedule this year.

If they go undefeated, they have a good case for being ranked number one.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's way too early to judge Shula. Remember Mike Archer? He went 10-1 his first year with Arnsparger's players and we all thought he was the second coming of Rockne. He turned out to be a major fiasco.

In three years we will all know if he has the right stuff. And he better, Bama can be a coaches graveyard. The Bama fans have unrealistic expectations and will turn on him fast if he doesn't produce an national champion by then.