Alabama gets screwed by Refs in 2004 game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Nothingfaced, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Nothingfaced

Nothingfaced Founding Member

2. Draino13

Draino13 Founding Member

First of all the ref didn't hesitate with his call! He thought there was incidental contact and made no call. The Auburn game had a series of bad calls: the hester catch,lafell interfered in endzone, and of course the mugging of early doucet. Webster had a right to the ball, and yes he did extend his hands on the receiver, but so did the receiver. It could have been called PI, but the referee was quick and stayed with his call unlike th idiot aurn referees. Do you honestly think Bama was going to win? Even if they score LSU would have won in the fourth.

3. pensacola

pensacola Founding Member

Yes, he pushed off. But, the ref didn't throw the flag and then waive it off. Just imagine if he had done that.

Also, Bama rolled up after that, which kind of made the argument less relevant.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

if this is the year you had to settle for shula, we are definitely in agreement.

5. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Scoring Summary (Final)
    2004 LSU Football
    Alabama vs #17 LSU (Nov 13, 2004 at Baton Rouge, LA)

Alabama (6-4,3-4) vs. LSU (7-2,4-2)
    Date: Nov 13, 2004 Site: Baton Rouge, LA Stadium: Tiger Stadium
    Attendance: 91861

Score by Quarters 1 2 3 4 Score
    ----------------- -- -- -- -- -----
    Alabama............. 7 3 0 0 - 10
    LSU................. 0 6 7 13 - 26

BTW, I've always heard that elephants have great memories. What caused you to dig that play up ?

Looks like it began as a mutual hug:

NOTE: How do I get photos to display at their actual size ? And when did that change ?

6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

11:15 to play in the 3rd. Bama couldn't recover. Maybe that's why the only SEC teams you beat that year were from Mississippi and Kentucky.

7. downtown

downtown Founding Member

It was an excellent call and I'm not only saying that because I'm an LSU fan. I'm saying that because I wanted to see Bama lose, in addition to being an LSU fan. Also, according to SEC officials, that ball would have been uncatchable for the receiver. Therefore, no flag. I guess you didn't see the LSU/Auburn game last week.

P.S. - That dude should have won an oscar because I know Corey Webster ain't that strong.

8. Kkille1LSU

Kkille1LSU Founding Member

I thought LSU fans had a hard time forgetting. Jesus H. man, let it go.

P.S. Bear Bryant is not dead.......... just kidding. He's dead. Doorknob dead. Let it go, let it go

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

When ignorance rears it's ugly head............

Don't you think fans on forums know that calls are missed in a lot of games. You want to compare one call in the 3rd Q in a game that ended in a 16 point margin to 4 calls, one on a final drive, in a game between two top ten teams that ended in a 3 point margin? There are some many more variables.

You should take those sour grapes and try to get your grandmother to make some of that moonshine they still bootleg in bama so when you wake up November 19th, you have something to drown your sorrows with because Auburn's coming to your house on the 18th and that 26-10 score in Baton Rouge is nothing like the bitch-slapping the tide will get from Auburn- I don't care how big a rivalry it is. If Alabama fans thought getting "Screwed" was bad, wait until they get raped by Auburn.

10. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

I remember that game. Yes, LSU got away with one.

Did college football have a replay system that year?