Alabama gets screwed by Refs in 2004 game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Nothingfaced, Sep 21, 2006.

1. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Kinda looks like the WR lost his footing and fell.

2. Nothingfaced

Nothingfaced Founding Member

I think that BS right there speaks for itself.

So I guess if the ref just "wants to see a team loose" its TOTALLY OK to change the entire complexion of the game?

That should have been FIRST AND GOAL. Bama would have been up 17-6.

That call basically ruined the entire game.

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Yeah, a stiff arm will cause that to happen sometimes. :hihi:

4. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

Yes, we got away with one that game. That call changed the outlook of the game. I think we would have won anyway, but the score certainly would have been closer than 26-10.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

No wonder Bama has so many NCs. The get 7 points for a first down? :eek:

6. downtown

downtown Founding Member

Nothingfaced - "I think that BS right there speaks for itself."

Dude, it was a joke. But you know, it didn't ruin the entire game. Your team sucking the rest of the way ruined that game. We didn't even score off of that. Bama still could have put us away, but didn't.

And you know, I almost feel the same way about LSU. Had JR thrown the ball like he is capable of twice, we likely would have had two touchdowns. Unfortunately, he didn't, and we got a horrible no-call and one astoninshingly fishy and pathetic reversed call. That's what happens when you leave your fate in the hands of the refs. Throw the final underthrow in there and you have three rainbows that could have been touchdowns but weren't. Also, our running backs could have made it to the holes faster...our coaches could have gone for long field goals instead of playing field position against a punter kicking the ball 60+ yards...we could have run less in the final five minutes and then had time to score on the final drive...etc.

The calls were pathetic and no less than three huge ones were totally bogus no matter who looks at it. With that said, I still won't say the refs were the only reason we lost this game. We lost because we didn't capitalize on our opportunities when we should have. It was coaching and players combined. However, that other awesome team called Auburn had something to do with that because our players gave a great effort. I won't say the best team lost or anything because if you take out that last drive where they were playing soft, the stats are pretty close. We still would have had to get in the end zone and I don't know if we would have.

It just would have been nice to see what would have happened had the refs called things better. Remember, the PI call was basically at the end of the game. The Bama one was at the beginning of the 3rd quarter I think. We barely had any time to make up for the call. Your team did.

Anyway, I think you can let that game go now. Everyone agrees that it was a crappy call (except probably the SEC officials).

7. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

In other news... Bush gets re-elected.

8. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

:eek:

Only if it is the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders.

9. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

what does a bama fan and a maggot have in common.. they have both been feeding of the same bear for many years....

10. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Alabama sucks!:usaflagwa :laflagwav :geauxtige :thumb: