Alabama gets screwed by Refs in 2004 game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Nothingfaced, Sep 21, 2006.

1. kappa8062

kappa8062 Founding Member

To answer the guys post about having replay that year, it wouldn't have mattered, pass interference isn't a reviewable call.

2. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

I'll drink to that!!:thumb:

3. bigbowe80

bigbowe80 Founding Member

If anything, the play is a good example of probably what should have happened on our interception that got taken away against auburn cause it pretty much validates that being a similiar "uncatchable" situation for the receiving team. I'd just as soon forget about all this but since the bama man just had to bring up something from freaking 2 years ago.

4. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Thanks for posting this, because it gave me an opportunity to review this 2004 call in detail.

First, let me say that there's no comparison between the somewhat controversial call that you refer to and the numerous calls and no-calls that had a great impact on LSU's loss to a great Aburn team in 2006. In 2006, LSU and Auburn are very evenly matched, and the ref's errors or intentional skewing in favor of Aburn impacted the game's outcome. In 2006, neither LSU nor Auburn deserved to lose that game . . . both teams played a monster of a game . . . I'm very proud of the LSU football team for that effort, and, of course, the Aburn fans feel the same way about their team.

Now, let's get back to the 2004 call that went against Bama. First, I admit that the call could have gone either way. I also admit that I feel lucky that the call was not made.

I believe that the ref did NOT call PI, because the defender was sitting in the pass route when the receiver approached the end zone. The receiver initiated the contact, and the defender did use both hands to make contact with the receiver while the ball was in the air, BUT, the receiver ran directly at the defender, and it's unreasonable to expect the defender to move out of the pass route, once he is there. The ball was thrown directly at the defender, because the defender was sitting right on the pass route. Finally, it appeared to me that the receiver engaged in a little "play acting" by falling down after contact. The ref saw the whole play and knows that all coaches teach their receivers this fundamental: when the pass route is to the end zone and PI is called, the offense gets first and goal at the one yard line, therefore, if contact is made and the pass cannot be caught by the receiver, the receiver should try to draw the PI call by falling down. It's very similar to what punters do when rushers make the slightest contact after the punt is launched, ne pas, mon 'tit cher? It's called TRYING TO DRAW THE PI CALL, and refs are taught to be careful before snatching that crab bait.

:angryfire

5. Broke

Broke Founding Member

Elephantidae (the elephants) is a family of pachyderm, and the only remaining family in the order Proboscidea in the class Mammalia. Elephantidae has three living species: the RED Elephant and the African Forest Elephant (until recently known collectively as the African Elephant) and the Asian Elephant (also known as the Indian Elephant). Other species have become extinct since the last ice age, which ended about 10,000 years ago. The Red elephant often becomes extinct and demands his money back. The Red Elephant will change his name when he wants to appear places incognito. He also has mysterious illnesses which he can turn on and off at will. Has been known to run in circles with Bi-elephants.

[​IMG]

6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Ya' think ? Now switching to "Plan V", not many left BTW !

7. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

:grin: :grin:

8. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Not a reviewable play.

9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I can't believe y'all are giving this much credence to such an idiotic topic.

10. lsumarine

lsumarine Freshman

Here goes Bama agin. The world against Bama. I came up with new words for Bamas fight song......"Wha Wha Wha Wha Wha, please help me!! Wha Wha Wha we get screwed. Wha Wha Wha Wha Bear world be mad!! Wha Wha Wha we have 12. Wha Wha Wha we suck."LSU!