Alabama wants Muschamp???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dallastigers, Jan 7, 2003.

1. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

In the BR advocate today.

2. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

It would be a demotion anyway.

3. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Yeah...leave a team that's moving up for a team that's on probation. That would be the brain-dead move of the century. Plus, Price is probably only going to be there until Bama gets off probation. After that, they'll fire him and look for someone that doesn't get a senior discount at the Huddle House.

4. BAMAFAN03

BAMAFAN03 Guest

yea youre right. no team has ever recovered from a probation. i mean its not like miami was on probation a while back or anything. i mean LSU is moving up Bama is obvioulsy on the decline since they beat LSU 31-0, i mean God come on how stupid could he be

5. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Obviously, coaches are falling over themselves to work there...

6. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

BAMAFAN3, IS THAT THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE BAMA SEASON? A 31-0 WIN OVER A TEAM THAT THE QB HAD HIS 3RD START IN TWO YEARS. IF LSU WOULD SPEND THE MONEY TO BRING PLAYERS IN THAT BAMA DID, THE GAME MIGHT HAVE BEEN CLOSE. WE LOST AND WE CAN LIVE WITH IT. REMEMBER..BAMA COMES TO BATON ROUGE AND WE WILL NEVER FORGET!

7. Hub

Hub Founding Member

yeah, 2 hammering probations in less than 10 years is moving on up the hierarchy of collegiate sports.

p.s. Nice performance by your new coach in the Rose Bowl....oughta make those expectations feel real good in the Capstone.

8. eric d

eric d Founding Member

You can't even compare Alabama to Miami. First of all, Miami didn't have as severe a punishment as you have right now. Secondly, it's Miami. It's 80 degrees year round, beaches, party life, and women in bikini's. You're Tuscaloosa. It's bad weather, ugly scenery, hunting trips, and guys named Bubba. Third, noone is saying that you can't recover from probation, but it is rare that teams are good when they are on probation after the first year. By the time the 2nd or 3rd year of the probation roll around, all of the scholarship athletes are gone. That's why Fran left , 2 guys turned you down, and you had to go to Pullman, WA for a coach. It's maybe the one place in the country that would make Tuscaloosa a step up.

9. BAMAFAN03

BAMAFAN03 Guest

lol how hypocritical. considering your coach lost the freakin cotton bowl to texas. then to say we are on a decline show me your proof? proof in numbers? how about performance? i believe that one's already been covered. and again to slam a team for kickin your asses 31-0. you act like mauck is a god, did you happen to watch the Va Tech game? he did look great that game. you continually beat a dead horse. all ive heard since the start of the 02 season is Alabama probation, theyre gonna suck. so if we suck why is that the centeral point of many conversations. funny how such a sorry team is stuck in the back of your minds so firmly. maybe you should get over it? i mean Alabama has and were the ones on probation, ironic isnt it? you have a lot to prove to me on how great this LSU team is, ive yet to see even a flicker of brilliance, granted the UK LSU game was pretty exciting to see in the highlight, probably something we will never see in our lifetime. but anyway just get over it and bask in your losses and you disappointing season

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

So just what is your point BamaFan03/AuburnFan04/CinncinatiBunglesFan0????
    Sure the Tide had a better team than LSU this year and if they hadn't been on probation they would have been the team to lose to Georgia in the SEC title game and go to the Peach/Outback/Music City/Weedeater Bowl to win or lose against a mediocre opponent Maybe the Bear can rise from his grave to take the ghosts of players past to Junction, Texas and resurect the progam to its past glory 10 or 15 years from now