Alabama wants Muschamp???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dallastigers, Jan 7, 2003.

1. RTRinBR

RTRinBR Founding Member

Needed Response

Let me start by saying I am new to this forum and this thread is interesting. I repsect LSU and much of it's fan base..all schools have their misfits. I am interested to know if any of BF03's posts were removed?

From BR to T-town being demoted??? I think anyone who sincerely thought on this would find that statement a joke. Bama is huge program with tradition, money, prestige, and THE most loyal fan base in the nation. Yes we are on probation today, but that will not last forever and you overplay the extent of the effect it will have on us. We will have quality kids year in and year out, scholly or walk on. We have proven over a long history that it does not take the cream of the crop at every position to be a powerhouse. We beat FL twice in one weason with Zow for goodness sakes.

I hope there was stuff from BF03 deleted, becuase many tiger fan statements are far worse than his that I saw. Yes i read the notice that this is an LSU board and yall get free reign, but fairness should still apply.

As for "the best money can buy". EVERY school has it's problems in this area, some have more foes and come under closer scrutiny. That statement is an excuse to be waived around when needed by our rivals, usually post arse whipping.

An 8 and 5 season is dissapointing, and if you say "but yeah, so-and-so and such-and-such...", more excuses to be used when talking to rival fans only. I live here, my best friends are very avid lsu fans and I hear the fan base being dissappointed, period. WE would be as well. Heck, I am somewhat dissappointed with our season. Our boys did a great job, I just wish we had followed through on one of the chances we had with GA or OU.

The person who posted on T-town, have you actually been there. It really is a great town, great campus, and great atmosphere. Anyone who HAS been there would know that. Let's not reduce ourselves to shooting off pop-shots that have no basis in fact. It makes you look radical and ignorant.

Appreciate the forum and the work the admins do.

2. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Re: Needed Response

This is a common comment i see from Bama Fans......this is not a flame against you but what i actually believe.

for anyone to think that losing 21 scholarships over 3 years will not have a DEVASTATING impact on a program is ludicrous. that is the near equivalent of bringing no one in for 1 year. At every school the entire recruiting class never ever pans out to be good.....there are usually anywhere from 3 to 8 players per class. Bama's "room for error" on picking recruits has narrowed significantly. You can't afford to miss on many.......and to say it is going to be reduced is nothing more than a guess....you know nothing about how these kids are going to pan out until they get on campus.

also, the 5 yr probation, bowl ban, and rumors of the ncaa coming back in are going to hurt....it's going to scare recruits away. also, a coach leaving after 2 years and a 10-2 season is going to raise concerns. you will still get some of the top in-state boys but you can bet there are some recruits who will not consider Bama b/c of these issues. To think with these situations pending that the quality and amt of walk-on players would increase is crazy as well. the only ones who you'll get are those who bleed crimson and white and aren't good enough to go anywhere else. no top flight recruit is going to walk-on anywhere.

Last, look at programs who have been hit with probation.....they all absolutely sucked for a period of time. Most notable....Miami. they were aboslutely pathetic for a few years. i can't think of a single probation where a team did not stink it up for a few years after the penalties.

I don't think the impact will be immediate as some think. I would guess from now (yr 1 being '03) that yrs 3 thru 4/5 will really bad in tuscaloosa. depending on the quality of players you have coming back now and how the recruits from Fran's last class pan out could push that up or back.

As i said just my opinion.

Welcome to the board RTR!!!

3. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

I assume your comment is aimed at me. Yes, I have been to "T-Town" and as cities go, it's a nice place to fill up my car on the way home to Louisiana. My comment about a "demotion" was from the perspective that Bama is on probation, LSU isn't. Bama, in my opinion, hired Price to fill the position until the probation is over. I don't think he'll be there for years and revered as the new Paul Bear Bryant when he leaves. I think joining his staff would be a mistake for Muschamp. He has a good thing at LSU and there appears to be movement up with the program.

These things are only my opinions. I offer no verification that I can tell the future or anything like that. So, if it bothers you that I posted them, then don't visit these forums.

4. RTRinBR

RTRinBR Founding Member

But to call it a trailer park

If that is how you feel about T-town, that's ok. But to call it a trailer park? Besides, to live in TN and throw around trailer park comments.....?

I agree, we will more than likely not be comparing CMP with The Bear. As for his stay here, that will depend on his level of success and no one can predict that. I think to call him a ringer, whatever. Paying the NCAA, yeah we do that, that's why we are on probation right now. Duh.

Put out facts and reasons please, not senseless slander.

Hub...you are very right. The retention and performance level of our recruits through this time will very much determine how badly we are affected by probation. I find it very promising to see us retaining the recruits that fRan got committed, CMP looks to maybe pick up a few more good ones, we have also had a couple of really nice juco walkons, and we may still get a top 20 recruiting class this year. If we can recruit a decent class this year with the largest scholly reductions and the head coaching issues, then I think it is very possible for us to keep winning seasons through this(with a little luck). That is really all I ask for, anything else would be gravy.

5. TennesseeTiger

But they make some really nice trailers now...

RTR, to be fair, my comments about a "trailer park" were aimed at BamaFan03. I actually have good friends that live in Alabama. Yes, we have our share of trailer parks here in TN and back in LA.

I will retract my statement about paying the NCAA off. I will edit that post...post-haste. I live around Knoxville...you hear something enough, you tend to believe it, know what I mean?

6. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

I think some posts were deleted, but he also sent a lot of private mesages to people like the one he sent me below.

7. TennesseeTiger

Re: Re: Needed Response

Yeah, I don't think I've seen any Tiger fans posting anything like that on here. To smack talk about sports is one thing...to talk about one's wife like that shows the total lack of character that defines BamaFan03.

8. RTRinBR

RTRinBR Founding Member

We don't claim him

I am glad yall dismissed him then. Hope yall don't hold someone like that against the rest of us.

RTR