Alabama

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by grote1947, Nov 11, 2002.

1. grote1947

grote1947 Founding Member

Saban's postgame tirade was accurate. The press might have been the hearers, but this was directed at the team. I don't see the cohesiveness needed to beat Alabama. Luck won't enter into this one. Franchoine will bring his boys into their home field this weekend prepared. John Croyle's boy will be focused just like his dad used to be. I love LSU, but unless we find a way to come together and quit these stupid mistakes we're in for a long day Saturday. Saban's got a tough psychological job this week. We'd better pray for him.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

What optimism. What a great LSU fan you are. It's that kind of positive thinking that makes it great to be a fan. Look. Don't you think Alabama makes mistakes? Don't you think Saban will have his team focused? Do you think the Alabama players are sitting back with their feet up all relaxed knowing that they are so good that playing LSU in Death Valley at night will be a cakewalk? Both teams are good and it'll be a great game. I'll tell you this. I'd much rather be in LSU's position at this point. We have a shot at the SECCG and we'll be in front of a loud, partisan crowd on National TV. Unless you are privy to the locker room, don't make judgements on this teams cohesiveness and psychological state. Trust me. Bama better bring their "A" game 'cause it's going to be a battle!

3. WF TIGER

WF TIGER Founding Member

I agree with you SabanFan

I feel like LSU has a great oppertunity to win this game. Playing at home, night game, big crowd. Alabama will have there work cut out for them. It will be a tough, physical and emotional game for both teams. Just because Alabama is on a roll now doesn't mean they will or should win this game, and on the same note just because we are at home, defending SEC champs and all doesn't mean we will win, but I like our chances and it should be one heck of a game. Don't you just love it?

4. Trentster

Trentster Founding Member

I just don't get it. Read all the posts about Bama fans being cocky, then look at all the LSU negativity. No it wasn't pretty, no we didn't blow out KY - YES IT IS A WIN. A win is a win. Get off the negative soapbox, get over it and get behind your team. I bet you are one of the fans that has a 3/4 ticket - you leave with 15 minutes left in the game. You wouldn't have been there to see the last play anyway so quit whining... my 2 cents.

5. joetiger

joetiger Founding Member

It was the same story after last year's Kentucky game. Everyone thought we should have blown them out and was a little down during the fourth quarter, but as soon as we won, a good friend who I was watching the game with turned and said,

"You know what that is? That is AN SEC WIN ON THE ROAD." It doesn't matter by how much, we got out with a "W" and that's all that matters. That game is over with.

Alabama will be tough. Tiger Stadium needs to be rockin, loud, out-of-control. If we play mistake-free and don't give up the big plays, we win. Bama is good, but I honestly believe that we are better.

GEAUX TIGERS!!

6. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

good lord

**see the thread I started entitled "A message to the LSU cynics"....that would pertain to people like you**

7. Cayjunn

Cayjunn Freshman

obvlivious?

Are you oblivious to the fact that our boys did NOT give up even when the rest of the stadium, and frankly most of the rest of the Tiger Nation, had put that game against UK away as a big fat LOSS?

They played for OVER 60 minutes because time expired before that hail mary was thrown. What if our guys had walked off the field when most LSU fans had walked away from the TV or out of Commonwealth stadium?

We wouldn't have a chance at winning anything but a nice consolation bowl IF we were able to pick up the pieces and do that.

I'm proud my TIGERS didn't quit...they may have had some problems and mistakes...but they didn't pack it in and go home. They believe in their coach and vice versa.

After an early loss to VT and that embarassment at AUBURN, they could have easily crumbled and fell....writing off the season as a "WHAT IF". But they haven't...they've come back with wins, ugly, pretty, scrappy, doesn't matter. They've kept playing.

WE OWE IT TO OUR HARD PLAYING TIGERS TO NOT QUIT ON THEM....BECAUSE THEY HAVEN"T QUIT ON THIS SEASON.