alaman, aren't you one of the people

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Tigerskin, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

who has been emphatically stating "Perilloux is going to LSU"? What kind of source is that?

2. alaman

alaman Founding Member

Yep. After his trip to Fla and FSU two weeks ago, people close to the situation such as family were saying LSU had a big lead. His h.s. coach has been pushing him and mama to Texass.Feb is a long way away.

3. Tigerskin

Well it must be distant family

There is a difference between saying LSU leads and "he is going to LSU". When people make definitive statements like that, it makes the rest of us believe that maybe you are best friends with the kid or that you are his dad. Noone really knows what is going through these kids minds so I think it is best to acknowledge that. Yes he could change his mind but it ain't looking good.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

In defense of Alaman, when someone states he is going to LSU, they are saying that they are confident that he will end up here. Obviously no one absolutely knows where this kid is going, only the kid. So if this is credible info, then I too would be excited about the prospects of him coming to LSU. But things change. What happens with both Texas and LSU's QB situation in the upcoming season will play a major role in his decision. Don't count out FSU. That is where I think he will ultimately end up.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'm sure that Mack Brown must have told him he will be the starter on opening day of his freshman year and Saban won't even go there.

6. Tigerskin

I agree BengalB

What happens if Vincent Young has a great year? I think Vincent Young's family needs to have a little talk with Mack.

7. islstl

Regarding FSU, Rix is a senior, so Perriloux could win the starting QB job next year. He would have to beat out all-world QB Xavier Lee, a 2004 recruit.

Texas and LSU are in similiar situations. If Young with Texas shines like he is capable of, then where does that leave Perilloux in the first 2 years minimum at Texas? Same thing regarding Russell with LSU. If he takes over the starting job and does his best Chris Leak impersonation, then would that affect Perilloux's decision to come to LSU. Damn straight it would.

Let's say Randall is steady all year long much like Mauck was last year. And Perilloux comes to LSU.

Could you see this board with the Perilloux/Russell debates next year?

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If Randall remains the starter for the entire year LSU's QB situation for 2005 would be an unknown factor. If Russell or Flynn takes over at some point in the season he would be the established 2005 starter. Either way if Perilloux signed with LSU he would come in as a freshman behind 2 third year sophomores. That projects to Perilloux riding the bench for 3 years unless he thinks he is good enough to beat out Russell and Flynn at some point early in his career. As much as I would love to see him in purple and gold I just can't see it. If he is as good as they say he won't want to take a chance of not being the main man until he is a junior.

Since LSU didn't sign a QB in the 2004 recruiting class its real important that they signed at least one and preferably 2 blue chippers for the 2005 class.

9. islstl

Well after Perriloux and with Sanchez going to USC, what blue chippers are you considering LSU getting in 2005? All other QBs in the top 100 of Rivals are already committed as well.

You can get you someone on the order of Flynn maybe. That's about it. You consider that a blue chipper?

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I would consider Flynn a blue chipper, any 4 star would be a blue chipper.

RP's coach has evidentally got a thing about LSU and the word is he has always tried to sterr his players away from Tigertown. Many thought that since he was at LSU's Superdome practices that maybe he had mended fences with the staff due to Saban coming in. now many are saying otherwise, anyone know the truth, I doubt it. His detractors say he doesn't speak to Pittman any longer since he committed to LSU.