alaman, aren't you one of the people

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Tigerskin, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

We'll just have to agree

to disagree. Regardless, I hope he signs in Feb. with LSU.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

The people in the New orleans/St Tamanny area always referred to the people with a scew loose as belonging in Mandeville or Jackson, they both had a mental facility.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

This thread has gone totally mental.

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

The actor, Jamie Wax, had a one-man play back in the '90's called "Goin' to Jackson," about mental patients. In the Baton Rouge area, if one was mental, he or she belonged "in Jackson." I also know about Mandeville, but I didn't know about Pineville.

On the RP front, it looks like his coach ran his mouth. I wonder what RP feels about that and the damage control he's in the middle of right now...

5. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

When Gov. Earl K. Long was committed back in the 1950's the place they sent him to was Mandeville. I think they then tried to ship him off to a place in Galveston (telling the officials there that he was a deranged Louisiana labor leader named Victor Bussie), before he got on the phone and fired the State DHHR director and replaced him w/ one of his own doctors, who promptly certified Gov. Long sane.

This was later the source of a classic line delivered by Uncle Earl, when, during one of his epic on-the Capitol-floor battles w/ State Senator Willie Rainach, Rainach called the Governor crazy, Uncle Earl responded: "Oh no I'm not, Willie...and I'm the only man in this room that can produce a piece of paper that SAYS I'm not!!!"

6. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Dude was epic :grin: :grin: :grin:

7. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Yep...never gonna be another one like him, either. Uncle Earl was an original.
    :grin: :grin: :grin:

8. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

First off, Vince Young will be in his third year at Texas, and, just like Mike Vick, he could honestly leave if he had a stellar year this year, being this will be his 3rd year out of HS (Vick left as a RS Soph, too). Young is draft eligible-this year-so if Brown finally learns to ride one horse-Young being the logical horse-then Perriloux will get his shot as a RS Frosh with NO competition, Mock having gradumucated.

Secondly...JaMarcus has never been, nor will ever be Chris Leak. Leak is a totally different quarterback than J. Russell....

Just my $0.02...

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

First, I didn't literally mean that Russell would imitate Leak in his style of play, but rather imitate his success on the field.

And I do not think there is any way in hell that Young leaves as a Junior. This kid can't throw the ball as of yet. He is simply a running back playing QB. And the way UT handles QBs, I don't see him getting any better. And Chance Mock didn't come back to UT to just sit the bench. He will share duties in much the same fashion as he did last year.

So I go back to my point. Young will play all 4 years. Perilloux will redshirt or share part time duty his freshman year. And then he either shares duty as a redhsirt freshman or sophomore the next year. Not the way Ryan wants to start his college career, but oh well, you get what asked for.