Ali Highsmith

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by 07Tiger, Apr 27, 2008.

1. 07Tiger

07Tiger Founding Member

So what the HELL happened with Ali Highsmith? Why didn't he get drafted??

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

He sucks.

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

He will have hot sweats hearing the word forty for a while.

4. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

That's pretty harsh man. The guy was a great playmaker for us, and will be missed this year. Something, besides just a bad combine, kept him from being drafted. By no means does he "suck". Rumor is there is some injury that scares everyone, but there is nothing listed on his scouting page.

2 people like this.
  5. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

Don't think so - I would hate to think of our last season without him.
    :crystal::eek:ldskule:

1 person likes this.
  6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i think he was trying to be funny.

ali will be picked up by someone. saints should be looking at anyone who can walk and chew gum.

7. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

most preliminary drafts are done by people that watch sportscenter as their film study. the only reason ali was projected high by *blogs was because they thought his speed could make up for being undersized. once he was clocked he was doomed.

nothing changed, someone actually evaluated him.

thad matta has bust written all over him. it would be a bad move.

8. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

That 40 time was bunk. I mean do you really think super Highsmith and Dorsey run at the same speed. There is something that we don't know that kept him from getting drafted.

9. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

He ran slow both days and wouldn't have run if something was wrong with him. No way his agent would have let him.

His forty times won't translate to football speed because he can move during a game but his rumored speed is why people had him so high to begin with. With his official times it puts him in a serious hole because he is too small to play in a 3-4 and too slow for a 4-3 (in scouts minds).

I definitely think he is better than a lot of guys that went ahead of him, but I can see why teams didn't pull the trigger on Ali...but I am really surprised a team didn't pick him at the end of the draft.

10. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

I'm not a big fan of 40 times overall, because it really doesn't translate. A guy isn't going to run a 4.4 in pads unless he runs a 4.2 without em. Sure, by that logic, Ali would run in the high 4's with pads, but he proved in college time and time again that he could move around the field with ease. Regardless, I think somebody is going to get a steal in UDFA.