Ali Highsmith

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by 07Tiger, Apr 27, 2008.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

5lbs. hes 230. if he was 255 speed wouldnt be as big an issue.

if he was white, id think he was getting stereotyped yet a black kid out of miami, known as a speed linebacker, he cant get drafted because hes too slow.

all they have to do is watch the arkansas tape. that mcfadden guy is not slow from what i recall.

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

http://cfn.scout.com/2/750776.html

" 2008 NFL Draft

35 Best Undrafted Players

2. Ali Highsmith, OLB LSU
    A mega-disappointment in a few off-season workouts, he timed at 4.76 in the 40 and was knocked down a few pegs. He's a great athlete who plays faster than he is, and he's been a good, tough producer at the highest level for the last three years. The biggest problem is his size. At 6-0 and 220 pounds, with little room to get bigger, but he should still flourish as a weakside defender who can play in space. As long as he doesn't have to be too physical, he'll be fine.
    CFN Projection: Third Round CFN Position Ranking: 12
    "

3. Caliendo

Caliendo Founding Member

Card's got a steal.

4. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Since the 1989 NFL Draft, the only LSU linebacker taken in the draft has been Bradie James, who was taken in the 4th Round (103 overall) of the 2003 Draft. I thought Bradie James was a better LB than Highsmith. But, yes, I was surprised that Highsmith didn't go at all in the draft. Anybody know why Trev Faulk wasn't taken in the NFL Draft either?

[​IMG]
    Ali Highsmith

[​IMG]
    Bradie James

5. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Trev Faulk received some bad advice and bypassed his senior season. He should NOT have declared early, as another year would've made a huge difference for him, I think.

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Is Trev still with the Saints?

9. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

Hokie said teams did not work out Ali privately and with a 4.8/5.0 40 at the combine no one was going to draft a linebacker with that high of a 40 time. Since no one worked him out they have nothing else to go on but that. But honestly, a 4.8, 5.0 40 is waaaayyyyy too slow for an NFL LB. Hell that's too slow for arena ball.

1 person likes this.
  10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Happens way too often. We've had some players leave early the last several years and most haven't worked out too well. It's particularly tough when they leave for 'family' obligations/health issues. Funny thing is, one of our Olineman this year, Sam Baker didn't go as high as some expected and now folks are saying he should have left last year. :huh: