Ali Highsmith

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by 07Tiger, Apr 27, 2008.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

never ceases to amaze me. they have family obligations for 20 years then they leave early and lose the best shot they have---a degree.

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

You make it sound like he sucks. :hihi:

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

obviously the #7 jersey LSU is using is far too heavy and should never be worn by our linebackers again.

if that was true no one would have thought ali was our speed linebacker nor would he have been the only player able to make plays on the fastest rb in the draft.

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

That's an excellent point, but don't think that some of those blood-sucking families that want to be supported for the rest of their lives don't play heavily into the decision-making for these guys.

A college degree is seen as not necessary.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Strike a nerve sista? ;)

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Well, maybe, but that should be in Free Speech Alley, then. By the way, that wedding in question (that we're partially bank-rolling the traveling expenses for) is next weekend in Chicago.

7. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

I thought he was a good college LB at LSU and thought he would be drafted. But the clock don't lie and NFL teams, for better or worse, buy into that stuff. Obviously cause 32 teams didn't pick him in 270 attempts.

8. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

32 teams didn't take him with 270 picks. Thinking someone's fast and making plays at the NFL level with 5.0 40 speed are two different things I guess. We'll see how he does in camp. But teams had plenty of opportunity to take him and didn't. Maybe you have an explanation for it but my explanation is, NFL teams don't pick LB's with 5.0 40 speed.

9. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

its probably a combination. his game speed is obviously faster than his forty...

but if teams were to take chances they were going to do it on someone that didnt have size issues.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

He's not a 5.0 he's a 4.78. Big difference. Go the other way and he's a 4.56.