Ali named one of the breakout LB's this season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Aug 9, 2004.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Ali Highsmith, Fr. LSU - One of the more interesting stories of spring ball, Highsmith originally signed with Miami in 2003 but failed to qualify academically. He improved his SAT score and ended up choosing LSU; now he should be one of the SEC's brightest new stars with unbelievable speed and great instincts. He has the defense down and will combine with Dominic Cooper on the strongside.

CFN

2. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Ali could became a great LB at LSU before he leaves. I can't wait for September 4th!

3. Gandalf

Gandalf Founding Member

I'm a little leery of whether or not he can keep up with the academics once the season starts. He has dissapointed in that area before. Keep your fingers crossed.

4. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Staying out of football for a year. Keeping his "stuff" in order. Getting his scores up. Saban giving him a shot.

The kid has something going for him. Lavalais had a problem getting in school also, Highsmith could be made of the same stuff.

5. Gandalf

Gandalf Founding Member

Yeah, don't get me wrong, there are success stories out there, but there are far more guys like Chijioke Onyenegecha for OU who they thought was finally gonna play for them this year, and now it looks like he's not. Not to be condescending, but there are just some guys who don't belong in college. There are plenty of guys who are too lazy to make the academics work, those guys can be motivated and they can get through it, then there are guys who, no matter how hard they work, it just doesn't come together for them. Just keep your fingers crossed that he just needed a fire lit under his a$$, and that's all.