All hail Jordan Jefferson

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DwayneBowned, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Vandy without question cause reguardless if we suck or not...

We dont suck on National TV 2 years in a row AND

At least we get to play every week in the SEC and not the Big 10!

2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

what do you want them to do???? in what way do they need to be "accountable"????

accountable to who???

after they've been "accountable" are they back in good standing????

you want some sort of mea culpa from the coaching staff so you can affirm that your 20/20 hindsight is still infallable?

what will satisfyyou; or how can they fulfill your "accountability requirement" at this point, now that the season is over?????

let it go man......let it go.....

3. NELA_Tigerfan

NELA_Tigerfan When's kickoff?

I agree they shouldn't have tried to redshirt him. We can all assume alot, but the fact is we don't know what would have happened if he had gotten more play time.

One thing I am sure of is I am very excited about the young man's future at LSU.:geaux:

4. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

You dont think that someone needs to step up and say " I screwed up" from the defense to the qbs to the wrs dropping passes.

It seems to be Miles style that at the end of the day "hey its all ok you tried your best come here give me a hug"

I said Jefferson needed to get playing time AFTER the Auburn game so it wasnt hindsight!

To not be sick for at least one day this week and a blowjob!:D

5. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

[​IMG]

6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

[​IMG]

try option 2 (if you can). option 3 would be better....

life is short. :)

1 person likes this.
  7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

My biggest problem is how comfortable JJ looked immediately when thrown into the fire. Was he gonna be perfect early on? No way in hell. But he sure took charge with the supposed little bit of knowledge of the playbook. Maybe he's just a very good actor.

My issue is the coaching staff should have been able to detect that JJ had the "it" factor and could contribute THIS YEAR. Meaning he could adapt quickly and be effective, which is exactly what we saw when Les Miles was FORCED to play him. Couple that with the fact that Hatch should never have been considered in the 2 deep rotation at QB unless JJ was just plain dumb or talentless, which he obviously isn't either one of those.

Ohio State stuck Pryor in there and pulled a SENIOR QB 3 games into the season!!! A QB that put them in the national championship game the year before. And that decision coming from one of the truly conservative coaches in college football. They knew he had the "it" factor and could face adversity and survive it.

LSU had a RS Freshman and a practice squad QB backing him up. That's all that was facing JJ's climb to the top. To say JJ should not be even considered in the 2 deep is illogical. And trust me, they didn't even consider him. No chance was given him at all.

And let's not allow the Lee injury to get lost in all this debate. This kid Jefferson was not gonna see the playing field this season if it was up to Les Miles, even with Hatch injured. Jarrett Lee was going to end up throwing 22 interceptions with 10 of them returned for touchdowns. Lee's family was going to end up suing the university for psychological damages to their beloved son.

8. CajunPunk

[​IMG]

:hihi:

9. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

That only happened because you personally have refused repeated invitations from Miles to become the LSU quarterback coach, instead hanging on to ill-advised dreams of becoming the night manager at the Ft Lauderdale Denny's (#369). You should be more generous with your time, Izzy. Help your team out.

That may be true. But this happens all the time. Talented, unproven understudies take advantage of injuries to show their bosses/coaches that they're more ready than most think.

Have you ever coached anything, Izzy? Kid's soccer? Taught anything?

Sometimes, kids (even 6'4" ones) surprise you.

Personally, I think Miles owes you an apology. If he'd offered more than $8 an hour, he could've had you in Baton Rouge by the Tulane game and none of this would be an issue.:hihi:

10. CajunPunk

The guy who brought tOSU to the NC game last season was unseated by a true freshman. Funny thing is that Boeckman wasn't doing all that bad. Lee had to go down 11 games into the season before JJ got a real look.