All hail Jordan Jefferson

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DwayneBowned, Dec 31, 2008.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

$12.95 with benefits, Pompano Beach Taco Bell. :eek: :hihi:

2. NELA_Tigerfan

NELA_Tigerfan When's kickoff?

Then why did they burn his redshirt?

Maybe they realized he would be needed this year?

3. islstl

There is your conundrum.

Burn his redshirt but he isn't close to being ready to get on the field and contribute.

4. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Didn't they burn it just before the Tulane game in which he had hardly any playing time? 7 games in after, what, 5 or 6 pick 6's?. It's not like it was just after the App. State game.

5. islstl

It's as if the coaching staff was really confused as what to do with JJ.

One thing is certain, they had very little faith in him being effective this year.

6. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

I think they burned it because they were not smart enough to know that they did! And then to cover that fact up they had him make more of a simple injury to try and get him a medical.

It was burned in the North Texas game.

After the MSU game where he takes a decent hit, all of a sudden he is hurt and they are gonna file for a medical.

Lee is HORRIBLE all season but Les has to keep up the appearance of the injury so that he does not look like an idiot.

After Lee's injury it does not matter anymore and because of Lee's HORRIBLE play everyone has forgotten that JJ's redshirt was burned against North Texas because our coaches didnt know the RULES!

Perhaps JJ lack of knowledge was acauttaly a deflection from the coaching staff!

7. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

IT was the 2nd game of the Season against North Texas!

8. NELA_Tigerfan

NELA_Tigerfan When's kickoff?

Lol, I think they just realized Hatch couldn't cut it, albeit a little late. But, I'm glad they did, otherwise it woulda been a long summer with an L last night!

Edited to add: I did forget about the medical redshirt...hmmm

9. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Did you watch any of those games? I did. Pryor, for a long time, was a one-trick pony playing in an inferior conference and replacing a mediocre senior who had ALREADY PROVEN HE WAS MEDIOCRE. Pryor didn't start looking good until late in the season.

And you're misrepresenting Lee. He shared time with Hatch for awhile, then had the job with Hatch's injury. He played well at times, and threw bad interceptions at times. You can attempt to rewrite history all you want, but minus the picks, Lee played like you would expect any RS Freshman to play, sometimes better.

Hindsight being what it is: Jefferson should have gotten more time starting with North Texas, maybe earlier. You can feel good about yourself by pretending you would've made the right decisions f you were coaching. But the truth is: you (like me and everyone on this forum) are ignorant of what actually goes on inside the program, why decisions were really made, etc. None of us know just how good Lee looked in practice. None of us know just how difficult it is (or isn't) to start at QB in the Crowton offense.

So. Chew on this. If Miles had replaced Lee with Jefferson after the third pick-six. And Jefferson had continued to only complete 45% of his passes, and only throw for about 150 yards a game, and actually had some picked off against high caliber SEC opponents, would you now be chowing Shep's hog and putting Jefferson out to pasture? Because that very easily could've happened. Jefferson did NOT look good throwing the football early on, and he was VERY predictable - he ran the minute he got a little pressure. That may not have changed if he had to start every week and was forced to continue to make mistakes in front of 90,000 people instead of making them at practice.

I know you don't think so. Izzy doesn't think so. But we don't know. That's the b!tch of it.

10. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

I'll drink to that. Not sure about how the QB situation developed this year. Certainly possible JJ was overwhelmed when he first got to campus. However, the poise he displayed when he played this year wouldn't seam to support that theory. This was a very weird year to say the least.

[​IMG]