All hail Jordan Jefferson

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DwayneBowned, Dec 31, 2008.

1. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

JJ really looked comfortable and sharp. His dual threat has to put pressure on the D to contain him. JJ's da man now!

1 person likes this.
  2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Our coaches were protecting him from damaging his confidence like what happened with Lee.

Yes, the potential was there, but he is a true freshman - he needed time to learn & grow into the position.

3. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

The offensive line did a fantastic job protecting him and controlling the D line. Good to see that they played to their potential this game. Great team preparation by the coaches. Miles did it again! Also props to Crowton.

You can say that again! He was impressive; also seems to have good vision.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Jefferson shows much promise and potential. But he's only won one game and there is still going to be a serious quarterback contest in the spring. We could have worse problems, though.

5. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

I think you're exactly right here...

JJ looked very impressive tonight - even the announcers were impressed.
    They made a big deal out of him addressing the team and promising "I won't let you down." He certainly kept that promise. By next fall, he's going to be really comfortable. No telling how far he can take the team! :geaux:

6. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

JJ looks really, really good.

I was/am one of the "goons" who CORRECTLY said that Jefferson didn't have the entire offense at his disposal - hell he didn't have significant snaps in practice.

However, I'm also man enough to admit that, had he been given the chance to be the #2 or even #1 guy starting out the season, he clearly would have done well and likely we'd have ended the season with two less losses, maybe three.

I'll happily eat crow - JJ played much, much better than I thought he would.

And I think Jarrett Lee just had one of the most bitter-sweet evenings a college QB can have.

1 person likes this.
  7. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Good post - he seems very poised.

8. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

sure wish MILES would have put him in say around Tu Lame game time to run the 3-4 plays he must of known from his high school days.

Can we just all agree we LOVE MILES and his bag of tricks BUT that he MISSSED the ball on JJ? Even ray charles woulda seen JL wasnt cutting the mustard and gave the water boy a shot. How do you MISS talent like this in practice??? Answer you don't unless you just have a hard on to play the upper classmen. :huh:

Great Win, thanks JJ and all the Tigers. :helmet:

Miles: good coaching Love the hat, :milesmic: Miles my man you RULE at trickery! NOW quit being so stubborn and start playing the guys that can make a difference sooner. :grin:

CYA in 09 !

:geaux::geaux::geaux::geaux:

9. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

JJ looked poised even on plays that did not work. He either ate the ball or threw it away. Notice how he stretched for the corner or first down several times. JL just never showed us much field prescence. The shuffle pass was great. He just handles the ball 1000% better than JL.
    The one miss hap JJ had was handled well by Murphy, who also suprised me with quick thinking, with as little Play time as he has had.

10. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Thank you. if Miles doesnt know this I wouldnt feel a bit bad to tell him.

YOU dont have this kind of talent and NOT show it. NO way Crowton and MIles can develop this kind of Poise in a few weeks. IF they could they would have with Lee. Cause THAt is the Horse they wanted, they were just STUBBORN. Coaches get like that.

I still Love Miles for his bag of tricks though, the man has huge nads LOL