All hail to the defensive genius that is Bill Belichick

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Jan 16, 2005.

1. philter

philter Founding Member

That's what I said...

2. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

np, maybe just typed it different than what you were thinking

3. philter

philter Founding Member

It was not a gimmick, he evolved that D for 15+ years...and team today still use his blitzing schemes.

4. TN Tiger

TN Tiger Founding Member

It looks like the Pats have become Peyton's new Gators. I am surprised the fans didn't start doing the Gator Chomp in the 4th quarter.:dis: :dis:

5. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

That game drew some strange parallels to another game a year or so ago.

Bill Belichek coaching important game, ( playoffs )
    agaisnt a Manning QB

Saban coaching important game, ( had to win to win go to SEC CG ) :crystal:
    agaisnt a manning QB :eek:lefire:

many predictions ( media hype ) in both games that the "manning QB" would make a huge impact in the game.

many overlooking ( media ) the Defensive coaching of Saban/Belichek , same style, former same coaching staff.

Both Mannings completely and utterly in-effective.

Strange almost uncanny :shock:

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Just got back from the Patriots/ Colts game! Man! Does Belichick have Peyton's number or what?!?!?! Peyton's 0-7 vs Belichick and the Colts are 0-for-their last 9, in Foxboro!

Outside of JUST being able to feel my toes and fingers, we had a gret time! (though it's CERTAINLY not as good as tailgating at LSU). Don't know if it was a national comercial or not, but my group of tailgaters and I were selected as the "Tailgaters of the game" and actually did a commercial for Dunkin Donuts--which was to be aired prior to the start of the Pats/Colts game! Don't know if it was national, but friends of mine here in Boston saw us--and noticed that I had by LSU beer koozie and my friend, whom I converted to an LSU fan (he came down with me to attend the LSU/Ole Miss game), had his LSU hat on--smack dab in the middle of the screen (I was just to his left)!! ....My friend even told me, "Hey!!! I gotta give a free promo to :lsup: every chance I get!" ....I couldn't agree with him more! :)

:thumb:

7. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

All of the former LSU guys (with the exception of Rohan of course) did great! People up here call the Patriots, "LSU north"!!! ...No lie!

8. bubbafong

bubbafong Founding Member

Yeah, I had to leave and couldn't watch a lot of the game, but I did get to see Gay make that nice open field tackle on the first 3rd down of the game to force a punt. I'm so happy for that guy. An undrafted free agent starting for the defending super bowl champions. That's darn impressive.

9. goldentiger

goldentiger Freshman

The 46 was a decent defense but good oc's caught onto it pretty quick. If we're looking a recent DC who's revolutionized the way defensive schemes are constructed/run, I think George Seifert has had more of an impact then Ryan.

10. marcnbc

marcnbc Founding Member

The "Steel Curtain" was a formidable D. 4 SB's in 6 years with Mean Joe Greene, L.C. Greenwood, Jack Lambert, Jack Ham, Mel Blount, Donnie Shell & others.