All that's left is the crying....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mesquite tiger, Oct 21, 2007.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

have some credibility and stop being absolute homers.

those two calls were bad. the spot was bad and you rarely see ones that bad and never on such an important play. the wr wasnt on the line, but i dont know how far off they normally allow them to line up. tubs was pissed because it appeared they used the replay to review the flag. i guess we'll hear what the refs have to say about it

steltz did make a h2h hit, so i think it was a correct call. but i dont like that rule. your shoulder is attached to the same body as the head so there will be some negligible h2h contact from time to time.

lsu didnt dominate the entire second half. did you see that awesome drive by auburn at the end of the 4th? hate to say it, but the lsu d isnt as great as people say. great Ds dont give up sustained long game-winning TD drives like that (especially to average Os). lsu's O had to come through.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

And now, Senator Gumborue will deliver the Democrat's response to the State of the Union Address.:dis:

3. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

1. there were plenty of bad calls in the game, as is common lately for games officiated by SEC crews.

2. bad calls are part of the game, no whining.

4. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I hate to say it, but I agree.

5. edyel

edyel edyel

STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

You mean we dominated the whole 2nd half except for 1 drive?

I'll take it. Unless i'm mistaken they had some help from a blown PF call on that last drive?

:rofl:

Our defense is fine. Cox was playing like a man-posessed and Lester might be the most under-rated back in the SEC.

7. LafTiger

LafTiger Freshman

The spot, yes...but I'll chalk that up to karma after the officials picked up a flag at the end of the 2006 game that they had called the exact same play a penalty earlier in the game.

The H2H hit, it's the rule, but I' haven't seen it called against a non qb..I think ever. (in the college game) I'll come back to this later.

Finally, on the TD flag that was picked up....what people fail to realize...the official on the PROPER SIDE OF THE FIELD TO MAKE THE CALL...DIDN'T. It was the guy on the OTHER SIDE OF THE FIELD.

My biggest beef...call things evenly, or at least call things that are blatent.

This game was NOT called evenly or even just the blatent stuff. The Dorsey hit, the elbow to Flynn's facemask, the multiple tackles of LSU defensive lineman, a Blatent PI call on the final play where the DB never looks back and he's got his arms over the WR while the ball is in the air (watch the replay, a couple of coaches to the left of CLM is going nuts about no flag until he realizes the ball was caught)

I'll give the refs this...there were no holding calls on LSU's offensive line...so you could say those balance out....but the other stuff far out weighs the beneficial spot call that LSU got. IMHO

8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

sure the D is fine. but i dont think "fine" is how most have been describing it.

so, because they do some damage to LSU's D, cox and lester are now the second coming? theyre no better than wilson and grant. and bama has WRs and a better OL. take the over vs bama

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

you win.

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

The bad calls went both ways, which is more than we can say for last year's game at AU.

I haven't watched the replay to see about the spot or the flag, but the spot questioning is pretty irrlevent. Tubbs didn't challenge it because we were in 4th down territory anyway & if we had been a foot short we would've done a QB sneak & gotten it.