All the LSU fairweather fans have come out!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUstudent, Dec 13, 2003.

1. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

I was at the mall in Bossier City yesterday, and never in my life have I ever seen so many people wearing LSU paraphernalia. The same goes with LSU flags on people's cars. I think back in 1999 I was the only person within 10 miles to have an LSU sweatshirt on during Christmas season.

2. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

That's what you get when your team is on top of college football..

3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

What burns me up is that most of "the LSU fans" who are going to be at the Sugar Bowl haven't been to a game all year, and people like me who haven't misseda game in 4 years wont be able to get tickets.

4. VanGeaux

VanGeaux Founding Member

Thats true. I was in Charlotte, NC for Thanksgiving, and I saw three different people in this restuarant with LSU shirts on. I talked to them and they said the manager was an LSU '93 alumni.
    I talked to him a little and he said that he has never seen more people with LSU gear on in that town. Then I went to the mall and saw about 4 people with LSU stuff on. My brother who lives there is also an LSU alumni and he was amazed, he said he has never seen that many people before. I just thought you guys would like to know how our beloved Tigers are sweeping the country.

5. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

yeah, it happens...

atleast i know i was around when things were tough....its the punk rock mentality

but the good thing is....there are a lot of recruits that will also become "fair weather fans"...so its not too bad.

6. NMTiger

NMTiger Founding Member

It's great exposure for the university and it brings in lots of money with the sale of all of that merchandise.

7. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

In terms of recruits, I hope the ones that choose LSU truly wants to be a Tiger, and not just a fair weather player. And most importantly, have the correct attitude, character and in sync with Saban's philosophy.
    ________
    Ferrari 412t history

8. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

HAHAHA...

No sooner doI finish reading this thread, but I turned on the TV and there's a preacher on with a Nike LSU shirt. It's channel 19 in Baton Rouge -- the Healing Place Church.

9. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Hey, if guys are wearing LSU shirts in Florida and NC...that is just great pub for the university and great for recruiting...

10. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

I've been an LSU fan since '80, when I was 6. My family had season tickets from '86 to '93 and when she got re-married that ass hat made her give them up becuase, "it costs too much money". Any how, I've been to a couple of games every year to get my fix.

I've been an LSU "sports" fan practically my entire life. LSU baseball is about to be my life after January 4th.