All the LSU fairweather fans have come out!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUstudent, Dec 13, 2003.

1. Fly

Fly Founding Member

Same in OKLAHOMA!Shoot when we had John Blake as coach I picked up 11 tickets for our Sooner club.We had a 10000 exstension done to our stadium this year & we have 11000
    people waiting for tickets.People are people no matter where you live.Is college football not the greatest sporting event?????????

www.crimsonreign.com

2. Gorilla

Gorilla Founding Member

Look, no matter how long you've been a fan, no matter where you live, no matter how old you were when you went to your first game, no matter when you last missed a game, there are plenty of people out there who are older, truer, purple and golder fans than you are.

The point is - we're 12-1, playing for the national title, and more people are Tiger fans than ever. That's got to make you happy.

3. jimri

jimri Freshman

Just a little info for those of us who have season tickets but are too far down on the TAF list to get any of those, keep trying each time we get a chance like this at the MNC. I don't think it makes any difference how long you have had season tickets (in my case 33 years). I put in for some last time when we played Illinois, and got tickets, and I did the same this time even though the chances were small and got an email yesterday that I am getting tickets. Yahoo!!!

4. Tiger Saint

Tiger Saint Founding Member

They are coming out of the woodwork here in Gainesville, FL, Gator Country! Seeing purple & gold at the mall & all over town? What, did all these people just move to Gainesville?

5. uscpuke

uscpuke Founding Member

So does everyone who has been a "true" fan want a gold star or what?
    The truth is a lot of people wear Tiger gear some of the time, now those same people are wearing their tiger gear more often. So you see more people wearing the colors.
    After 9-11 there were a lot more flags than I had ever seen. Does that make them less patriotic or American than others? When a big event happens, then that inspires more people to be supportive. To me, that is not a bad thing.
    I am sure someone will want to call me out on just joining the forum. Truth is I have long supported the Tigers, but it was only until the BCS made things so convoluted that I needed to find answers on some things. The more tiger fans the better.

6. cajuntigah

cajuntigah Founding Member

It's not like that up here in Orange Country! When I wear my LSU stuff I feel Soooo lonely.

7. cajun402

cajun402 Freshman

Cannot believe how many Tiger fans we have here in the DFW midcities. I wear my old raunchy tiger cap year round. Nobody ever mentions it... But now i go to Sears, Dillards, Wallmart ect and people stop me and and want to talk tigers. Where were they all these years. I have been a staunch FAN since 57. I remember the chinese bandits, Warren Rabb, Cannon, Jimmey Taylor and the bunch. You can tell I have been here ling
    :geaux: :lsug: :D

8. cajun402

cajun402 Freshman

Old cap has been around a few blocks:lsug: :lsug: :lsug:

9. Dutchtown tiger

Dutchtown tiger Founding Member

I will not argue with the fact that more people wearing our stuff brings in more money, but I have to agree with the "fair weather fan" theory. I am down in New Orleans for the state hs championships and I have never seen more purple and gold worn especially from the "Walk ON" Alums.

10. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Don't they give forum awards here for being TRUE TIGER FANS?

Don't they give away LSU paraphernalia and such?

Is the winner the one with the best essay on ... What it means to be a TRUE Tiger fan?