All the media on board that the Heisman race is over

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 12, 2019.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

https://sports.yahoo.com/heisman-wa...-and-theres-not-a-close-second-143236138.html
    If you were still skeptical about Joe Burrow entering LSU’s game against Alabama, it’s safe to say you’re a skeptic no more.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...w-leads-jalen-hurts-justin-fields/2567957001/

https://www.newsweek.com/lsus-joe-b...man-trophy-race-following-win-alabama-1471220
    A demanding lead? Lol

He would join Billy Cannon as the only other Heisman winner in LSU history.

Only Bert Jones in 1972 came close to winning the Heisman as an LSU quarterback.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    gynojunkie likes this.
  2. islstl

Heisman odds. Landslide at this point.
    https://247sports.com/LongFormArtic...man-Trophy-odds-Week-12-LSU-Tigers-138394327/

Hurts 10/1
    Tua 10/1
    Fields 8/1
    Burrow 1/10

You'll rarely ever see someone at 1/10 odds to win the Heisman. Rarified air.

If my math is correct, Burrow is 80 times more likely to win the Heisman than Fields and 100 times more likely than Tua or Hurts.

Color me shocked by these odds, especially over Fields who matches up favorably with Burrow statistically and hasn't had a game victory closer than 24 points.. Just goes to show you what a win at Bama can do for a player.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    GiantDuckFan and gynojunkie like this.
  3. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Think about this...we put 46 points on the board against Alabama... in BDS! Plus our QB has been the best in the country. By a mile!! If we could finish this thing off , especially undefeated, it would rival the Saints Super Bowl as the most awesome thing I’ve got to witness in my entire life! Lol. I freaking love it! What a ride it’s been...!

4. islstl

For me this will be some closure to 2011.

And yes not only did Burrow have to lead his team to 46 points against Bama on the road but we needed all 46 points to win the game.

MeauxJeaux, 65Grad and ParadiseiNC like this.
  5. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Only because we did not go prevent on they're last possession!:mad:

didit and gynojunkie like this.
  6. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

A stat I just saw worth repeating:

Joe Burrow throwing to Justin Jefferson on targets of 10+ yards between the numbers this season:
    24-of-24, 535 yards, 5 touchdowns.

Obviously, that's a perfect passer rating of 158.3.

7. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

A national title, along with a Heisman. WOW!! Talk about a recruiting boost, to say the least. Either way, I think Burrow has the Heisman unless something unforeseeable happens.

ParadiseiNC and islstl like this.
  8. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Heisman is all about moments and what you do when people are watching.

Burrow was a stud, especially in the 4Q, in high-profile games vs. UT and Florida. And then, with the world watching to see if LSU finally had a team that could stand up to Bama - BURROW IS LEGEND.

Fields is an absolute stud, but has not really had a memorable performance - and may not get the chance. Wisconsin, Penn State, Michigan - all of OSU's good matchups lost some shine due to those teams shooting themselves in the foot.

Make no mistake, Ohio State is scary. And Chase Young is going to be rested and healthy for the Playoff!

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Fields is a redshirt freshman. He will be one of the preseason Heisman favorites next season.

10. Herb

Herb Founding Member

True story...I half-heartedly predicted Burrow would win the Heisman 20 days before LSU's 1st game this year:

[​IMG]