All time LSU bball team

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Lil Jules, Mar 6, 2005.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

would definitely agree there. williams far better than stro, even though I like stro more.

2. lsujay

lsujay Founding Member

My Team:

PG Chris Jackson
    SG Pete
    SF John Williams
    PF Petit
    C Shaq

Side note: Big Baby reminds me a lot of Stanley Roberts (best offensive center LSU ever had) except for the height (Robert's was 7') and Big Baby seems to have a better head on his shoulders.

If you remember how good of hands big Stanley had and the soft touch he had with the bank shot near the goal... he could of easily been a greater force than Shaq... but he didn't have the work ethic and left school after just one year of playing (his one year was Prop 48 Sophmore).

3. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

"Drain It Neb!" put on a clinic in the Kentucky#3 game during the SEC tournament in '86. When Neb was hot, it was something to see. Wasn't he more or less the main reason we beat Georgia Tech in the regional semi-finals?

4. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

PG- Lester Earl
    SG- Lester Earl
    SF- Lester Earl
    PF- Lester Earl
    C- Lester Earl
    :thumb:
    Unstoppable!!!!!! Besides being the greatest team ever assembled, the Tigers would set the all time record for longest suspention from the NCAA.

5. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

"Jose...whatever you do, if you get the ball, DON'T SHOOT!!!"

- Dale Brown, Georgetown, 1986, during a timeout, just prior to Jose missing
    the potential game-tying last-second shot.

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i get ball, i shoot ball

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Neboisha Bukomirovich was the great shrinking Yugoslavian. He was recruited sight unseen as a 6 foot 9 inch forward but turned out to be a 6-5 guard upon arrival.

8. tirk

dude that was so funny. probably the one moment in LSU basketball i talk about the most. freaking hilarious. that dude would dunk on anyone anytime. what a man he was. big strong and mean. fouled out every game in 1/2 of a half.

haha yeah he was lucky if 6'5 probably 6'3 and couldnt hit a shot. come to think of it, dale may was one of the first to recruit so internationally even it was undeserving players. it brought him publicity and he was smart in that respect. It took me this many years to figure it out.

9. tirk

please tell me some of you remember russell grant. pretty bad player yet always dove for balls regardless where or when and played lots.

he funny as hell.

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

sure, i remember him. y'all must remember this---for some damn reason with lsu down (or tied) with georgetown (in 89) with a few seconds left, grant launched a long three that was slightly blocked by mourning. blanton got it under the goal and put it in (i always thought this was much like the way ncst won a few years before).