All time LSU bball team

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Lil Jules, Mar 6, 2005.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

you sure grant was even on the court during that play? i dont remember him shooting it. lol

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

absolutely no doubt. people bitch about jb's plays out of timeout, but having russell grant taking the shot was inexcusable. i think he was an offensive sub for vernel. wish i had the footage

3. tirk

jeez yeah i remember brown as the worst gameday coach ever....namely because he was the first to allow a tv mic on him during breaks. Very bad idea.

when they played georgetown or any other school he would ask, for example, shaq, "what guy you got?" during the timeout.

then proceeded to look at the clipboard that abernathy was diagraming a play and tell shaq, 'ok you got #33' not knowing offhand even little alonzo mournings number or position.

dale brown, what a dude.

4. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

Anyone remember the '90 2nd round game in Knoxville v GT? The Jackets took the lead late. Jackson was going to throw the ball in, but everyone else was up court? No time out's and Jackson just tossed it out?

Another Dale Dandy was the miked huddle, he drew up a play, Abernathy spoke up "Uh, coach, we got the ball..."

5. tirk

that was the kenny anderson and dennis scott team?

6. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

I know Dennis Scott was on that team. The regionals were in the Superdome, it was a foregone conclusion LSU, with all that talent, was going to the Final Four.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

My favorite was back when Joe Dean was color commentator for SEC basetball in the 70's and hand-held TV cameras were kind of new. During a time out Joe said, "Let's go over to the LSU huddle and see what strategy Coach Brown is instructing his team". So the mini-cam operator went over and squeezed right in between a couple of players to do a close-up of Dale, who was saying " . . . you have to block them out better, goddamn it! Run the offense and look for Howard in the corner. Now, get out there and GET SOME FUGGIN' REBOUNDS!

There were a few seconds of stunned silence. Then Joe says, "Let me apologize to you young folks listening. Coach Brown didn't know the camera was there."

It was the last time the TV crew ever tried that particular time-out shot. At least with Dale.

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Lethal Weapon 3= Dennis Scott, Kenny Anderson and Brian Oliver. A pretty good team, great when they were hot.

9. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

He was kind of like Dennis Tracy...the guy who Dale kept on the end of the bench as the designated kamikaze (i.e., when Dale needed a foul committed, into the game would go Dennis). Dennis wound up becoming a millionaire based on that...he cozied up to teammate Shaquille O'Neal enough to become Shaq's first agent when he graduated.

10. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Speaking of remembering guys...anybody remember GLOVER JACKSON ('95ish). That dude could jump out of the building. It was really too bad he was so remarkably bad at all of the other parts of the game.

One of the funniest dunks I've ever seen: Glover has a fast break dunk. He's running into the lane and takes off WAY WAY WAY too early for a reverse dunk. His feet keep coming up and he's leaning way back to get to the rim. By the time he hits the rim, his body is practically horizontal. I swear, he would be paralyzed if he didn't make it to the goal on that one. What a spectacular leaper.