...All time MLB home-run hitters...

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by GiantDuckFan, Jun 13, 2015.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

I checked 5 articles and could find no accusations of Thome using PED's. Perhaps I owe Jim Thome an apology. I hear you Bengal, and think it's a shame that Ken Griffey's legacy is stained just because he played in the steroid era.

Personally I wish that any player suspended for PED's would have there career records stricken from the all time lists. Ball players are mega-egomaniacs, having a MLB career of zero at bats, zero hits, or zero innings pitched, zero wins, etc.. this would bother them plenty, maybe scare them into playing the game fair,.. or not.

[​IMG]

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

With all due respect GDF what about those who used speed during the decades before it was outlawed? What about those who used steroids BEFORE they were outlawed? What about people like Bond, Clemmons and Rodriguez who had HOF careers before they used?
    Whatever side you take there are many strong arguments on the other side.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

bonds clemens

speed? thats sorta like coffee after 2 weeks. not nearly the same. that argument is always used (ive done so myself) but its weak. nothing compares to anabolic steroids or some form of it, hgh, etc.

and my argument still stands which you reminded me. what about the fact roids werent banned til the mid 90s or thereabouts. thats on mlb not the players.

shane0911 likes this.
  4. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I agree that's the fault lies with MLB rather than the players in the past. Going forward, I don't think everything should be legal as some would argue. If my son had natural talent in baseball, I wouldn't want him to HAVE to take PEDs just to have a chance at competing with the best of the best. Or rather, PEDs to the extent of sacrificing long term health for short term gains.

5. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

I'm not sure speed gives you any long term advantage, occasionally short term it probably does, chronic long term it will ruin you,.. Winston, I have no good answer for your question on that.

PED's are on a whole different level,.. first degree premeditated cheating if you ask me.

Barry Bonds was/is my favorite player, but when he decided to juice he ruined his legacy, shame on him.
    I think his home run records should be scratched, even though he wasn't suspended or convicted. It's a very slippery slope penalizing him, Clemens, McGuire and those only suspected, but they should be punished for their actions. Alex Rodriguez is the worst of the lot, IMO, he is a disgrace to the game.

Pete Rose looks pretty clean compared to those guys,.. he belongs in the Hall of Fame.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

What have you got against Roger Maris? He broke the record fair and square. And the asterisk was removed long ago.

Winston1 and uscvball like this.