Alleva issues statement about Les Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Jan 8, 2011.

1. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

I say give Miles whatever it takes to match or surpass anything Michigan offers. If anything just for next year. The position we're gonna be in as far as contending for a National Title plus the game being in NO is too much to let him go. I think it's very important for LSU to continue to own the title game in it's NO years.

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Wow that is on td ? Man must be true....:nope:

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

If Miles leaves, he proves all of his critics right. In my opinion, with what he has going on at this school, at this time, with this talent, he really is an idiot. Regardless of being a Michigan man.

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i disagree. miles has enough $$ to take care of his family. he's won a nc.

sometimes a person has to go with their heart, giving up what appears to be better for financial or tangible reasons. if he goes to mich, its because of emotional ties. and i will wish him well and cheer for his team as long as they are not playing lsu.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

only reason I say that Okie, is because of the situation he is going into. There is no way in hell Michigan will give him more than 4 years to start beating Ohio State, Michigan State, and getting to Rose Bowls, and contending on the national level. It's suicide for him.

6. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

7. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I can't agree with that.

Say you're a FB coach at a big school and doing well there, but you're an LSU alumni. Then one year, LSU comes calling you looking for a head coach and you turn it down. Then they do it again 3 years later after you've got a NC and all the money you know what to do with, and they make an attractive offer (which presumably Michigan will).. What would you do? I'd have to drop it all and go to LSU. You might only get the chance once in your life. You can't put a price on that, though I hope LSU tries if it comes down to it.

If he goes, in my book he's done no wrong. Thanks Coach, it's been a hell of a ride; all the best. If he stays again, I hope our fans truly appreciate the kind of coach he is and what he's given up to be here.. twice.

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

exactly! some things you cannot put a price on, and are worth the risk.

9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

How much is Les Miles worth? Damn. I don't think we need to throw more money at Miles, relative to what he brings to the table he makes a ton now.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Ditto. But...until southern boys learn to love 6 months of ass numbing cold weather, the Big 10 will be the SEC's bitch.