Alleva issues statement about Les Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Jan 8, 2011.

1. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: You may be right and he may leave. Who know's. But on the other hand, it didn't bother Jim Harbaugh that "the family" called for help. And Bo also told Les to "make his own Michigan". Again, he may leave. But the thought of Les throwing away a program & team that is so strong and has so much potential and promise is just mind boggling to me. :rolleye33: Michigan is just nowhere close to the level of LSU right now.

I know I'm biased and I admit that. But I just can't think of any other occurrance of where a coach threw away a probable top 5 program with a chance for conference & national titles for one that's in shambles. Would he throw all that potential away for a rebuilding project? I don't really know. Most coaches wouldn't. But as we all know, CLM isn't "most coaches".

I don't think anyone can truly predict what he'll do. This is the Mad Hatter after all. The call of tradition is strong but so is that of success. I hope we'll find out sooner rather than later and that he stays at LSU. :LSU231:

2. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

I stopped reading anything you post regarding this issue once you wrote that. you have lost all credibility with me

3. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

If he goes, he goes; if he stays, he stays. Either way, LSU will be fine.

Still not sure where this Bo Peep stuff came from other than the two goofs on the radio last night.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

one thing we do know is les marches to the beat of his own drum.

i am not saying hes going. I am saying i can see him going for said reasons.

and respect the fact he'd leave this comfy perch hes built for himself and uproot his family for a place in need.

and i have no doubt he would do it in a heartbeat if his commitment and love for UM is the same as we have for LSU. and hes always made it clear that is the case.

if he stays its likely because he chose head over heart. ie, the wife won.

5. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: :hihi:

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The last time an LSU coach was courted, CRAWFISH guaranteed us that Nick was not leaving. This time you admonish us that Les is gone. May you also crash and burn.

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Exactly. If Les goes to Michigan it will be for the reason that so many of us here appreciate him; in a field where selfishness and dishonesty are common, Les brings a genuine passion and a self-motivation to do things the right way. If he goes I think I will miss that most about him and it will be the hardest attribute to replace, I fear.

If he stays, then wow. LSU has been mostly good to him and he has brought an unprecedented level of success to us. I don't doubt leaving LSU was hard for Saban, but if Miles says it, I'll know he means it more. Even as a critic I'll be sad to see him go and know he'll be tough to replace. Still don't think I'd throw more money at him.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I would go to LSU if it wasn't in shambles, and I didn't have a roster full of future NFL players.

He should have gone in 07. Michigan wasn't in shambles like it is now. Now, if I am saying to myself, you know what... I am going to retire in 4 years anyway, then yes, I would go home.

It's one thing to want to go home, but he has to realize that there is probably a better than 50% chance, that after 3 seasons, the Michigan people will look at Miles as a goat instead of conquering hero returning home. Michigan sucks right now, everyone knows that Miles was very fortunate to fall into this job, and he has done a great job with it, don't get me wrong. He isn't going into a situation where you can compete for a Big 10 championship immediately.

I just think it's coaching suicide, but if he plans on hanging the clipboard up after 3 or 4 years anyway, then yeah, I would go.

9. bryan.allen

bryan.allen Founding Member

Michigan is the winningest program in the history of college football. How can you people even begin to twist it into LSU being a better program to coach?

Its also his Alama Mater and a school thats been desperate to find their next "great" coach. The saddest thing is they think its Miles. Its gonna be so hilarious to watch how he fails so badly at UM....where the talent level cant bail him out like it does at LSU

10. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I know what I'm saying is not credible. I have no sources. I am not connected to any big booster or have an inside source. I just spoke on what I feel will happen. I have been glued to this and have read everything I can find on it. I did not try to make myself look to have any credible information only what I have read. I do not intend to try to say anything I have posted is fact only what my gut says will happen. I didn't try to irritate anyone as I was only venting and speaking of what I think will happen. None of us know for sure what will happen but without miles saying outright that he will reject any offer made him my assumption is he will go. Being that I have no first hand source I have no credible news to offer only an opinion and have never stated otherwise.