Alleva = New AD...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by FriedBoudinBall, Apr 4, 2008.

1. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

This exerpt makes me wonder...

Pressler also questioned actions by Duke University officials, recalling an April 5, 2006, morning meeting with athletics director Joe Alleva in which Pressler finds out the team's season will be canceled.

"'Joe, you told the players and the parents you believed their story, you believed in them, you believed that they were telling the truth,"' Pressler, in the book, recalls saying.
    Pressler said Alleva told him it wasn't about the truth anymore, according to the book passage.

2. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

Mmmm, that will not be a long time hire in my humble opinion... Its all Wrong... A Duke AD hired by the defending National Football Champions spells Oxymoron - kinda weird...

3. Tom Callender

Does Coach K come with Him????

4. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I wouldnt be surprised if he took his place.

5. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

(note: the following post would like to be eaten by this poster in a few years...)

this is awful. alleva was the last guy i wanted. if he gets rid of vincent and ausberry, i may take part in the infamous "catastrophe syndrome". a bad AD can really pi$$ in your cheerios. what's the word on this guy? is he the compromise candidate like skip was???

i hope he doesn't hire john brady.

is LSU not one of the top 10-20 schools in the country overall in athletics???

this move has me doing this...:huh:

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

After seeing the interviews and comments on local news, this is the reason he was hired. (cause they said this multiple times in every interview)

FUNDRAISING

fundraising

Fundraising

1 person likes this.
  7. razer

razer unregistered offender

I agree, IMO this is the worst choice of the final 6. I would have preferred either Ausberry or Vincent as first choice, hell, we coulda had co-AD's even and then the Florida Atlantic guy and then the Kentucky guy.

I hope everything Skip has put together doesn't get pissed away. The Duke Lacrosse situation was a total clusterf**k, I don't have a good feeling about this.

8. Tom Callender

LSU Tiger 327 - Man I love that bell - that is awesome...
    I was kinda hoping we woulda hired one of the in house guys & also hired BP to a short contract & see how he does... but what do I know... Zero..

9. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I'm convinced that this kind of thing only happens in Louisiana.
    Reminds me of politics and why I live in Colorado!:lol:

10. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

IMO, the Duke lacross scandal really makes this look like a bad hire, but I think it'll be ok.

Doesn't Duke have one of the best basketball programs in the country?

Our Football program is on top of the world right now- just won the NC, have a great head coach and recruiting looks great for the immediate future.

The Women's Basketball team has been to the Final Four 5 years in a row, and looks to have a terrific coach themselves.

Women's softball went to the CWS recently and appears to be alright.

The jury is still out on the baseball program, but I would say it's not in BAD shape.

The one major sport that needs rebuilding is Men's basketball. But with a Final Four trip 2 years ago, does it really need "rebuilding" or just a few good recruits and an upgrate at head coach?

I don't think this guy will be the end of the world for LSU athletics. Let's at least give the chance.

Certainly, he can't mess all of this up.... Can he?

:crystal::geaux::crystal::geaux::crystal: