Alleva = New AD...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by FriedBoudinBall, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I could not agree more. Lombardi and Jenkins would hire David Duke if he could raise money.

1 person likes this.
  2. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

Pretty easy to raise money as AD at Duke or Yale. However, wonder how much money this goofball raised after throwing his Lacrosse athletes under the bus without a shred of evidence. I bet it pretty much was nil.

To me, he was one of the main players in a rush to judgement that potenially would ruin the lives of the very athletes he oversees. I don't care how much money he raised or how well the programs did at Duke, the Lacrosse scandal will be this guys legacy for eternity and he knew that. That's why he wants out from Duke. And great, LSU hires him. I don't think any other school in the country would have hired this rat.

Bottomline is the guy counted the money and did what the president of Duke told him to do. That's what he'll do here under Lombardi. I'll bet they liked his willingness to be the president's puppet.

3. Blade Brown

Blade Brown Founding Member

Here we go again....

Some of you people need to stop and take a big freakin' breath.

2 people like this.
  4. Kajun4LSU

Kajun4LSU Founding Member

The guy ran a department bigger than LSU's with great success. Duke will never be a football power with all the established powers near their school. As for the lacrosse scandal, political correctness took hold at a university with elite educational status. Most schools of that type are very liberal. I think his hands were tied in the matter. Plus the AD has very little to do with law enforcement. He runs the athletic department which the coaches answer to. The lacrosse incident occurred outside of school.

5. clair

clair Rockets

If you all didn't want this guy, then which of the other 3 finalists did you want?

Monotone Herb Vincent who has maybe said 5-10 words in his entire life?
    Verge who isn't as experienced as any of the 3?

Whether you want to admit it or not, Duke has one of the best pound-for-pound basketball programs, men and women's in the country.

They have THE best lacrosse program.

And we have to remember they are still an academic school and athletics are not as high a priority as they would be at an LSU.

I don't give a rat's booty what Duke fans think of the dude, because the AD is like the starting QB... everyone will always hate him, because he is an easy scape-goat to blame when something goes wrong.

I am sure if we did a "do you like Skip" poll, it would be 50-50 or so.

1 person likes this.
  6. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Same old clair...looking in from the outside, and telling us all how to think.

Maybe, just maybe, we didn't approve of any of the three finalist. The search should have been quite, and behind closed doors. That way a top rate sitting AD would not be scared of interviewing with us. Why make the search process for one of the most, if not the most, important people in a schools athletic program more difficult by being so transparent with the search process? Few existing AD's would be willing to interview with another school with everything so public, unless there were already serious problems where they are at, and they figure it may be a good time to move elsewhere.

7. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

My question is why couldn't we find a qualified AD who hadn't just been deeply involved in one of the biggest sports controversies/travesties in the history of college athletics? And I agree with others, I think we would have gotten more qualified candidates if the process hadn't been some video dog and pony show for everyone to see. I don't know too many people who woould have enjoyed a process like LSU had.

1 person likes this.
  8. gotlsu

gotlsu Founding Member

I dont think its a bad move..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

What he said.

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I'm leaving this thread, I'm starting to agree with SabanFan and that can't speak good for my mental health.