Alleva = New AD...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by FriedBoudinBall, Apr 4, 2008.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I'm surprised LSU didn't make a run at Dan Radakovich. He was the heir apparent when it looked like Skip would retire sooner and would be a perfect fit. He also has very very strong ties to LSU and probably would have loved to come home.

1 person likes this.
  2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i was wondering why he wasnt on the list. was he not interested in lsu, did he not get considered? whats the story there?

3. clair

clair Rockets

I would have to imagine they called him and he said thanks but no thanks.

Question. I don't know how long Alleva was at Duke, but was he involved with them in anyway when they got Spurrier?

b/c if so, he was a hand in managing one of the best football coaches of our time and basketball coaches of our time.

I don't want to come off as someone trying to tell you all how to think and it's only an outsiders opinion, but I'd say that's impressive work.

4. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Duke has some of the worst facilities in the country. Anything positive for them is an accomplishment, and they have had many successful teams lately.

5. clair

clair Rockets

ding, ding, ding...

someone who understands Duke Athletics.

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Link to Bio

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

He had a quote awhile back where he said he loved LSU but he felt like he was just getting started at GT. Have to respect that he wants to finish what he started but I wouldn't be surprised if he was the AD at LSU one day if the need arises.

However, I think he has GT ties as well before he took the AD job.

1 person likes this.
  8. XofDallas

XofDallas Freshman

Alleva is the guy who told the Duke lacrosse coach, as he was canning him, "It's not about the truth." He went on to say it was about special interest group pressure on the administration or words to that effect. If you want to get the firsthand account from the coach, he wrote a book, published last year, with "It's not about the truth" as a part of its title. It might be worthwhile reading for those of you who are motivated enough to find a copy.

And, so you know, there are two published books about the Duke case and the Duke administration's role. Both books are extremely accurate, factually.

Alleva has the potential to be as bad for LSU athletics as Pederson was for Nebraska. Someone screwed up big time by hiring him, and getting rid of him (assuming someone wants to do that soon) will be no picnic either.

Quite frankly, this is the worst thing I can think of that could happen to LSU athletics.

X

9. XofDallas

XofDallas Freshman

Steve Pederson, Nebraska AD. Ego and dysfunctional behavior damaged entire athletic program, not just Huskers football.

Yes, one man can indeed do it all.

X

10. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Of course they can. Playing the odds here. And if you have a group of competent people around him it will be damn near impossible for him to do it.