Alleva = New AD...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by FriedBoudinBall, Apr 4, 2008.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Especially if he was hired to be Lombardi's puppet.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Won't those competent people around him be answering to him?

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

which brings up the question, what does lombardi know about sports? if he is a puppet, and it is just to do the bidding of someone whose specialty isnt sports, that isnt good either.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

His ties to LSU ain't really that strong. He came to LSU expecting to understudy Skip for a couple of years and be made AD. But Skip never retired and Radokovich could do better elsewhere and finally did. Georgia Tech knew the situation when they hired him and you can bet they took pains to insure that he wasn't going to just turn around and go back to LSU in two years. I'm sure he's made a commitment to stay at GT for a while.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Yeah, but the AD knows that eventually he cant get anything done unless he panders to the Board and President/Chancellor.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Not really. In fact, it seems to me that a guy like Alleva, who impresses few and makes fewer friends will be very easy to fire. The whole situation reminds me of Bob Brodhead, an outsider who was brought in to buck the local fat cats, do some needed dirty work, and then was unceremoniously disposed of shortly thereafter.