Alleva's take on LSU Football

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Jan 11, 2010.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

2. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

Under the leadership of Coach Miles, LSU has 18 wins over Top 25 opponents, including eight over Top 10 teams. Until the Capital One Bowl, Coach Miles had won every non-conference game he had coached at LSU, including wins over the likes of Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, Miami, Notre Dame and Ohio State.

Looks good!

3. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Good letter and I agree with him.

4. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

he should have started it with....."dear message board malcontents,"

5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Still a telling situation when the AD has to come out with a letter like this. Does he always do a letter at the end of the season?

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Very good, to the point letter that is 100% true. I can't disagree with anything he wrote and it has been a fantastic time for LSU football. However many of the arguments made by the so called malcontents are also valid. The offense this past season was totally unacceptable and needs to be fixed. Hopefully Miles will get the job done.

7. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

that's what i'd like to know...

i thought the letter to just be a regurgitation of the "same old, same old." the whole "LSU was this close to beating (insert team)" spill is getting old. you cant take the good without the bad. LSU was 112 out of 120 on offense. that, my friends, is the MAIN POINT -- and it's atrocious. it shouldn't be an after-though or an asterisk. you would think with the level of coaches, players, facilities, the fact that LSU plays in the best conference in america, the fact we have the best fans, yadda, yadda, that simply showing up would award you with at least that much. that means there were 111 teams that were better on offense than LSU was, in case you didn't know. do those 111 teams have the coaching, the players, the facilities that LSU has?

what it proves is that LSU was very close to having a very successful season. but the cancer that prevented it from accomplishing such has yet to have been removed. the administration and coaches can say what they will and regurgitate the same story all they want. my point is that moves should have been made. crowton is a cancer and needs to be eradicated.

8. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I wrote him back with three suggestions.
    -Let the NFL evaluate the refs independently instead of doing their in house thing.
    -The coaches ought to fund one academic scholarship per year out of their huge salaries for students who should be role model for the athletes by overcoming long odds to achieve success in their studies, their work and their family lives.
    -Get an SEC intercollegiate boxing program going which culminates in a televised SEC tournament.

Anybody else?

9. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I wonder if Les helped him write it? :huh:

Better worry about winning the SEC West rather than whether the crystal ball is in reach.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble