Alleva's take on LSU Football

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Jan 11, 2010.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

No, amigo, it ain't the main point. Wins are the main point. We had a winning season against top competition. We finished number 17 in the country and number 3 in the SEC. The unrealistic expectations and ingratitude of the fans are what is atrocious.

103 of the 120 college football programs in the country would love to trade places with LSU.

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Standard procedure... Same thing Bertman did every year and I think they do it each quarter.

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I thought so too. Bertman's were not in email form though. They were fireside chat's or something like that and were posted on lsusports website.

4. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

LSU's football program reached an all-time high with three consecutive 11-win seasons under Miles, including a National Championship. Expectations were thru the roof and then we went 8-5 and 9-4. Meanwhile, Saban's Bama and Meyer's Florida are peaking. There are LSU fans that are cracking and having heart attacks over this, as you can see on the message boards, radio shows, etc. No doubt Alleva's office has been bombarded with emails demanding answers (Alleva's letter even concluded with: "As always, we welcome your comments at [email protected]. Unfortunately we cannot answer every e-mail we receive, but please be assured they are all read.")

So it is surprising to see that Alleva writes a letter in response?

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I got emails from Bertman too.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

LSU was 3-4 against teams with winning records. And those 3 wins all came over 8-5 teams. Sorry Red but wishing you had an offense that cracked the top 50 isn't unrealistic, not with the weapons on this team. Just because you cook a pretty dish, doesn't mean it doesn't taste like sh!t.

7. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Why is it "unrealistic" to expect to be the best? You seem to be satisfied with being #17. I'm not calling for everyone's heads, but come on. This is LSU. It's championships (SEC, BCS, bowls, etc...) or bust. Do you not agree?

8. LSUGradin99

Don't know about Red, but I strongly disagree with this.

9. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

thanks. at least someone understands. you could look at the wins by LSU as basically default. how hard is it really to get bowl-eligible wins when you play teams like USL, La Tech, Washington, Miss State, Vandy, etc, etc? i have said it before, until i was blue in the face, i don't care if LSU is 0-12 or 12-0, with an offense as pitiful as LSU's, something has to be done. plain and simple.

you can tell me that i'm a bad person and that i'm a spoiled fan. you can counter-argue my points for me. i don't care. my only gripe with where LSU is currently at: 112/120. that's it. if THAT'S not corrected, LSU won't be anywhere near 9 wins, and that's my point.

i still wear my LSU stuff. i still have my decals and license plate on my truck. i will support the tigers when they're 12-0. i will support the tigers when they're 0-12. i will support LSU, but i won't sit around quietly as if everything was just peaches.

10. LSUGradin99

I take it you believe that nothing has been done or will be done?