Alleva's take on LSU Football

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Jan 11, 2010.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Because nobody can be the best every year. Who is the best every single year? Who? Every single major football program has had 8- and 9- win seasons recently, just like LSU has. We are still among the best programs.

I'm satisfied with being the #9 program of all time and the #2 program in the last decade. You seem to think that 9-4 in 2009 is a unprecedented disaster for the program and I think that's just a crock. We play in a tough league and we're going to lose some games. Live with it.

Come on what? What are you calling for then?

No, I do not agree. I hate to sound like SabanFan, but that is just Rah-Rah crap and to imagine that LSU has some sort of inherent, God-given right to compete for the national championship in each and every year is unrealistic and foolish.

1 person likes this.
  2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I think Red55 is one of the best anatomy instructors at LSU...he's always dissecting !! :lol:.

3. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

i'm not trying to give you anymore fuel, but you do realize that with a few changes and a more proactive mindset on how the team's being run that we could be the absolute, without a doubt best team in the nation? we should all enjoy a 9-win season, of course. but why not reach for the gold if it's in reach? it's just right there! that's what i just cannot understand about your reasoning. if LSU settles into complacency, then it will be 8 wins is enough, then 7 wins, then 6 wins, then before you know it the pinnacle that LSU is at right now is too far out of reach.

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

How do you know that LSU is not doing this?

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't know what he did at Duke but this is Aleva's first year to be AD at the end of any sports season. Will he do one afer basketball and another after baseball seasons?

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

yeah who cares about scoring points. Tell you what, i will be satisfied with 110th ranked offense when Miles gives 3 million dollars of last year's salary to charity, and Crowton gives his raise to charity.

7. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

You don't want to win championships?

8. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Maybe, but we should at least expect and strive for a NC every year. If not, why even take the field. One of the reasons Brady and Belichick won MULTIPLE championships is b/c they are never satisfied. Ask either one of them if just making the playoffs is acceptable. 9 wins, top 20 finish, great. All are accomplishments, but they are certainly not enough. Even Miles said 8-5 was unacceptable. What makes you think 9-4 is? And yes, LSU does have a right to compete for championships each and every year. It's called having pride.

1 person likes this.
  9. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

10. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Of course I want LSU to win championships. that doesn't mean that a non-championship season is a bust though.