Alleva's take on LSU Football

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Jan 11, 2010.

1. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i didnt say that. i wont speak for anyone else. i even specifically said that i wasnt talking about fans that arent happy with this year. (and im not even talking wins and losses, but some of the decisions that were made.) but we all know there are some, some on this board even, that seem to give up and act as if a season is meaningless when it becomes apparent there isnt going to be a championship.

hell, im calling for crowtons head and some might consider me a sunshine pumper.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You can criticize all you want, everybody does. But people can also get in you face if they think your criticism is unwarranted. It has always worked this way.

3. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

So, do you see LSU beating Florida or Bama and/or winning 10 games or more in the next year or two under Miles? As long as we improve from year to year and never stay satisfied i think we'll be doing just fine. Is that what you see in LSU's football future? Just asking your opinion, I know you're not psychic or anything. I just hate finishing behind those two.

4. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

Poor fan support is a stretch. You may not agree with what they say, but that's totally up to you. However, those same "poor fan supporters" are still there on Saturdays, still travel to Athens, Tuscaloosa, G-ville, Washington and every other place LSU plays. It's simply a testament to the passion of the fan base, whether you agree with it or not. Branding someone as a "poor fan" because they disagree with you isn't going to win them over to your side of the argument.

5. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

evidently what i said went straight over your head. sorry i can't make it any more clear. yes, a proactive mindset for miles. i.e. not waiting until your offense is ranked 112/120 before you make changes. that isn't too hard to understand is it? apparently you failed to take note that i'm not complaining about the win/loss column here. all i'm saying is that LSU is on the verge of being the best program in the nation. we have the HEAD coach, players and the facilities to be such. this team is not like the team in the 90s that was sub-par in coaching and talent (at least as compared to this team.) this team has all of the pieces, they're just not being utilized correctly.

red, i don't have anything against you, but you seem to have a selective memory or lack reading comprehension skills, pal. i don't like arguing with people, but every time a discussion comes up you seem to take what i (or others) say and add on a bunch of **** that is not even pertinent. you continually seem to think that i'm some johnny-come-lately to LSU athletics. continually. so much so that i think you have an agenda here. i hate arguing over these kinds of things. everything i am saying is just my idea and my opinion. i never professed to be some kind of authority on how LSU should run its programs. neither are you, so could you please just stop with all of the holier-than-thou BS? i have asked you repeatedly to do so, yet you still examine every post i make and scrutinize everything, yet you simply fail to get the point that i'm making. :)

when did i ever say that i wasn't happy with a 9 win season? my only point is that LSU is on the verge of being the best program in the nation, that is it. i don't know how you get half of the stuff you get from my posts. :huh:

6. Celtic Tiger

Celtic Tiger Tiger Stadium West Dorm

Nailed it. To the point. Sort of state of the program address to stop all the mumurs.

7. red55

I think we're a quarterback away from competing for the SEC title. And I think we can develop one. I do not think we are in danger of becoming irrelevant in the SEC.

8. red55

Nor is branding me "no LSU pride" for being pragmatic, but that's what arguments are all about.

9. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

I read Alleva's letter, and several other articles all over the web. Most of them are spot on.

Here's the bottom line:

We were the #3 team in the strongest conference in America. We lost to the #1 and #3 teams IN THE COUNTRY, but played both pretty tight.

Just like Les Miles says, a couple of plays here or there and we beat 'Bama. One or two more plays and we beat Ole Miss. Then what happens? We're 11-1 and playing Florida in the SEC Championship game.

It didn't happen. That does NOT mean we had a terrible year. We won 9 games. Go ask Auburn or Miss State if they'd like to trade places with us and see what they say.

YES, the offense was TERRIBLE this year. We lost our 3 top tailbacks to injury, and had a true Sophomore at QB. Our OLine wasn't very good, and occasionally, our stud WRs would catch a case of the dropsies.

Our Defense was pretty damn strong- only giving up 16 points per game going into the Bowl game.

Our Special teams were as good as anyones. Our kicking game was sound. Our kick return units were fantastic and our coverage units were pretty good.

My suggestion is this- get off of our coach and back on the bandwagon.

LSU is as fine a football program as there is.

Oklahoma, USC, and Georgia, each had at least 4 losses this year. It happens.

:crystal::geaux::crystal::geaux::crystal:

1 person likes this.
  10. red55

You'd be surprised.

Yet you have an issue with my opinion? You see, I don't mind arguing about LSU football, as long as it remains civil.

Yes, I forget how sensitive you are sometimes. I surely don't want you to leave forever again, so I'll just leave you alone. Enjoy.