Alley Brousard

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by isawemwinsec, May 12, 2003.

1. isawemwinsec

isawemwinsec Founding Member

O.K. He seems to me kinda reminiscent of Anthony Thomas of Winnfield, ex Michagan Wolverine now #35 of Chicago.
    "The A-Train" Looks to have the size of a Bull. Has anyone seen Alley run the ball in person or seen him on the Friday Night Highlights on the local news stations down south? He seems to run the ball effectively and is definetly a staight foward punisher.

I am hoping that he will be able to make an early impact in the season if needed. Remember Toefield in the Tennessee game of 2000????

Besides, it's time to play pour some sugar on me again outside the Georgia Dome!!!!!

SEC Championship Game in Georga Dome Addict!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

This kid is supposed to be the real deal. LSU will be increadible in the backfield the next couple years. We will have so many great atheletes back there. Hopefully the guys that dont end up as the #1 or #2 guy can help us out in other places. We still are in need of some good DB's and even Linebacker.

3. STRIPES

STRIPES Founding Member

I Have Seen Him Play In Two Games....

And Broussard is without a doubt one of the top RB's I have ever seen in high school. In the games I watched, he was a man among boys. I know that this is strong praise but his running style, size, strength, and versatility brings back memories of bo Jackson. His style is very similar. I am not saying he is going to have that type of career, no one can say that but Broussard appears that type of running back. Big, strong, fast and can run between the tackles or outside. I look for good things from LSU's RB's and Broussard in particular.

4. burnline1

burnline1 Freshman

On the radio the other day, Mike Scarborough said Alley is up to 253 lbs! He said his high school coach made him quit his job at a pizza joint because he had put on 20 lbs during the season. He proceeded to lose it but has put that and more back on. I hope we haven't lost a tailback and gained a fullback!

5. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Weight of Brousssard

If that is the case, he must be some athlete. According to DD, Broussard performed in a track meet recently.

"Ally Broussard took first in the triple jump with a distance of 47 feet, 6 inches. Ally Broussard also threw the discuss 130 feet."

Seems to carry his weight well. :)

6. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

Will anyone make the comparison between Cecil "The Diesel" and Ally? Cecil was the man, and if Ally is up to his caliber then I will be expecting some big things from this kid. From the comments so far, sounds like Ally has all the package to be as good as Cecil.

7. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

Hopefully he's not half as dumb

8. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Summer drills in Baton Rouge will have have him losing any fat. The summer drills could get him to a solid 235 or 240. If he keeps his speed with that weight, he will be rolling over some people. Thats a big ol boy to have running at you.

9. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

AB, Edwads, Shyrone...Sounds like a great combo to me...

10. roygu

roygu Founding Member

The most impressive thought about that group of running backs is Whitworth, Peterson, Wilkerson, Nyswanger, and Reed in addition to Mc Gill, Johnson, Livings.... Probably the most impresssive group of OL ever at LSU at one time.