Alley Brousard

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by isawemwinsec, May 12, 2003.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Good point about the OL. It seems like 1 or 2 guys are always banged up on the OL but it sounds like there is enough depth this year to maintain 1st unit type play if a starter goes down.

I know Reed has been a starter for awhile but I remember him looking bad a couple of times last year. Is he guaranteed his tackle spot or is it still possible a new guy could beat him out? What about the Canadian guy? Is he ready to see playing time yet? I've heard good things about Livings too.

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I have heard greta things about the OL. A lot of the guys are able to play multiple positions so that give us a great adantage when it comes to depth. Injuries during the season will be inevitable, with the depth we have we should be able to have someone come in and not miss a beat. If the OL lives up to the hype the backfield should have no problem running up and down the the field. And if Maulk have really improved his throwing this should give him plenty of time in the pocket to find his man.

3. isawemwinsec

isawemwinsec Founding Member

Mauck is a good quarterback and very good decision maker. I believe his leadership has improved and everyone feels that he has what it takes to make the offense move. If he gets time in the pocket I hope he has the strength for the deep ball and will he be able to get the ball to the 3rd & 4th receivers. I don't know what Jimbo has in mind for the first few games. Hopefully he'll have Mauck ready to throw on the money and keep those Defenses honenst. Then open up that secondary and take it to em...............

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I sure hope he's as good as advertized! I want to get back to having a backfield that could have compared to the "Faulk, Mealey, Collins" backfield we once had.