Alley Broussard ?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by pensacola, Jul 21, 2004.

1. pensacola

pensacola Founding Member

Watched the Bama game last night (just to try to stop the shakes). If you have it, fast forward to midway through Q3 and watch Alley Broussard take it in on two carries from the 10 yard line. He looked better than Cecil the Deisel.

Will this guy get some carries this year?

2. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

All the reports I read about spring ball said he was an absolute monster: looked strong, ran hard.

Yeah, I think you'll hear from him this fall...

3. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

He lost some weight that he had let sneak on during the season last year...The coaching staff said that during the spring, he got stronger and also got faster...So don't look for more sprints to the edge, but more bursts once he makes his way into the secondary...

I think that Vincent will get his opportunity, but you haven't heard the last from the likes of the Carey/Addai/Broussard/Edwards four headed Hydra at backup tailback...

Just my $0.02...

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

As good as Alley has looked in the past, he does compare even closely to Cecil the Diesel.

5. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Ally Broussard = 2005 Heisman Winner and BCS Championship Game MVP

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

He's always had the ability to put his head down and pound his way through a seam. But in the spring game, I thought I saw some pretty good moves, as well. Not quite the footwork of Vincent, but enough agility to keep him from being defensed as just a power runner.

7. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

3rd quarter fresh legs...Do you think LSU could lead the country in Rushing??

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

No, I think Jimbo will utilize a balanced offense, as usual. Some option team in I-AA will likely pile up serious rushing yards.

9. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

I think JV and Broussard complement each other perfectly. With JV you have to be careful or you'll miss him all together, whereas with Broussard if you hesitate for a second, he will run right over you. It makes for a nice interesting contrast and a tough one for defenses to defend again.