Allison Hightower

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by j0nathanr0y, Mar 30, 2006.

1. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Hightower won the 3-pt shooting contest at the McDonald's All-American game/festivities. So it's a safe bet that we got us a pretty good outside scoring threat! :thumb:

2. NoDakSt

NoDakSt Founding Member

Is Hightower someone who can create her own shot? I think that will be a key to LSU's success and how far LSu goes next year. Katie Antony and Quianna Chaney are also shooters but i don't know how successful they are off the dribble. I see Pokey adjusting to the loss of Seimone and Schlonda by instilling an offense where there is more passing in and around the perimeter on each play.

Positives for next year are that Pokey has two capable ball handlers in laBlanc and White. White has proven she can score and handle the ball: she's lilliputian and that hurt her against a taller player like Harding but she has Temeka Johnson qualities. LaBlanc brings more height to that position.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I disagree that Pokey will or needs to change her offense, it is an ideal offense for someone who can shoot off the pass. This year's team had 1000's of open looks that they passed up.

4. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

if we can get just 5 three pointers a game on say 15 attempts, syl will be player of the year. there were so many times that she was mauled down there, if it becomes a little less congested just by keeping them honest outside, she will average 20pts-15reb, no joke.do u have any stats or photos of hightower. is she fast because we could use a defensive replacement similar to scholonda, who was our best defender last year in my opinion

5. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Sometimes it was even to the point that I was frustrated with the amount of times we passed up WIDE OPEN looks.... :(

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

AMEN!!!!!! I've never seen a point guard so scared to shoot the ball when left WIDE open. A couple of outside shooters is the only thing missing.

7. pheroy

pheroy Founding Member

That may not be a completely fair criticism of White. From what I read and commentators said, Pokey told her that her job was to get the ball to the big guns and didn't want her trying to do anything else. Then against Stanford she was instructed to score, and she did - though admittedly she still didn't shoot many jumpers. Hopefully she will show more of that dimension to her game next year, but if not Hightower or others may be able to step up.

8. NoDakSt

NoDakSt Founding Member

Yes, Pokey will need to change her offense to accomodate the talent that she has back. This should include diversifying the Tiger attack.

9. NoDakSt

NoDakSt Founding Member