Allright, my predictions for the CWS field

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, May 31, 2004.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

My picks to reach the Super Regionals with the team on the left expected to reach the CWS, looking at the regionals:

Ole Miss/CSU--Ole Miss finally wins a big series

Vandy/Texas--Vandy has the pitching to beat anybody in a 3 game series.

FSU/Arkansas--FSU always makes the CWS but never wins it.

Notre Dame/Long Beach St--Stanford has been playing crummy lately.

GA Tech/UGA--GA Tech is on a roll so they fianlly break through and play good but playing against their arch rivals makes this a tough one.

U/UNC Wilmington--USC has so much talent.

Rice[/b]/LSU--LSU has had serious trouble the past 3 years when facing superb pitching, I guess every team has, but we have lost most of the series we have played against teams with 2 or more very good pitchers except for Vandy this season.

Miami/UF--A classic battle here but Miami just has too much talent to get beat I think but UF is very good and has good pitching.

My big upsets are Stanford not winning their regional, Vandy beating Texas, Arizona St getting beat by Cal St Ful., UNC winning over Tenn., I loved their team last season at the Box so I'm rooting for them. Wouldn't mind seeing them make the CWS.

2. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Though it's ironic that I am saying this after the Sugar Bowl, it wouldn't surprise me if OU beat UF in their regional. Either way though, Miami should win that Super

3. Whiskey Aggie

Whiskey Aggie Founding Member

Texas/Vandy -- Vandy advances to CWS

FSU/Mizzou -- FSU advances to CWS

Stanford/Notre Damn -- Standford advances to CWS

UGA/Georgia Tech -- Georgia Tech advances to CWS

USC/East Carolina -- USC advances to CWS

Ole Miss/CSFU -- Cal State advances to CWS

Texas A&M/LSU -- LSU advances to CWS

Florida/Miami -- Miami advances to CWS

4. AustinTXHorn

AustinTXHorn Founding Member

Texas/Vanderbilt -- Texas -- Too much pitching on Texas' side.
    Arkansas/Oklahoma State -- Oklahoma State -- They're hot and seem like they just don't want to lose. The toughest part is getting out of their regional.
    Texas Tech/Georgia -- Georgia -- Tech doesn't have the pitching to win a super regional from a team like Georgia. But, Georgia Tech will choke once again.
    Long Beach State/Arizona -- Long Beach State -- Arizona has the talent to get out of a weak regional, but not enough to keep up with Long Beach's arms. Stanford's Pac 10 ERA of over 6.00 shows that they're beatable if they play a team with some good pitching.
    South Carolina/East Carolina -- East Carolina -- Too many bats to silence. Maybe the best Super Regional out of them all.
    Cal State-Fullerton/Ole Miss -- Fullerton -- Easily the hottest team in the country right now. They seem unbeatable and could easily win it all.
    Miami/Oklahoma -- Miami -- My pick to win it all. They're battle tested and have a great balance of pitching and hitting.
    Rice/LSU -- LSU -- Rice sucks this year. They can't hit the ball. The pitching stats are inflated by playing in a terrible conference.

5. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

Hey AustinTXHorn,

Tell me if you think Rice is flat out cowardly if they refuse to play the Super Regional at Minute Maid.

6. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

That would be a dumb move on their part ... why lose your home field advantage? A bigger crowd would likely come from LSU fans.

You think LSU would ever move their SR to Zepher Field or the Dome just to draw more fans?

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

They would be stupid to play us at Minute Maid competition wise, but if they really do need the dough they should play us there. But I doubt that they would try.

8. AustinTXHorn

AustinTXHorn Founding Member

I don't think so. You're supposed to play it in your home park and have your own home field advantage.